Page 295 of 299 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    This thread was originally opened by AdQ who wrote a gtk patch and the mac menu applet.
    Then rainwoodman made a new project called globalmenu and completely rewrote it.
    You can now find it (and instructions to install via ppa) here : http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/
    Thanks ayoli. I have rainwoodman's globalmenu installed on 9.10 Karmic and have been using it for about a week. I installed it via PPA so that I can get the latest updates. It's a great way to save space and being that my favorite GUI environment was the Mac Classic (OS 7/8/9) I can slip right into a nice workflow with this installed.

Is this forum the best place to bring up questions and suggestions or is there a more "official" place for that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by bumblestiltskin View Post
    Thanks ayoli. I have rainwoodman's globalmenu installed on 9.10 Karmic and have been using it for about a week. I installed it via PPA so that I can get the latest updates. It's a great way to save space and being that my favorite GUI environment was the Mac Classic (OS 7/8/9) I can slip right into a nice workflow with this installed.

Is this forum the best place to bring up questions and suggestions or is there a more "official" place for that?
    This is a good place for questions, yes.
    For bug reporting and features request, I would recommend to use the issues page at google code.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've decided to switch away from Gnome and move to XFCE because it better meets my needs.

I tried installing and adding the Global Menu in the XFCE panel, but it doesn't show up, even after log out. Like any other panel plug-in, I can right-click on the panel and it shows the "Global Menu Plugin for XFCE" but it's grayed out and no preferences menu option.

I would highly prefer a native XFCE solution instead of Gnome panel plug-in. Maybe the solution is in this thread, but I couldn't find it through the search or by backtracking through the thread.

Running XFCE 4.6.1 on Karmic.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've decided to switch away from Gnome and move to XFCE because it better meets my needs.

I tried installing and adding the Global Menu in the XFCE panel, but it doesn't show up, even after log out. Like any other panel plug-in, I can right-click on the panel and it shows the "Global Menu Plugin for XFCE" but it's grayed out and no preferences menu option.

I would highly prefer a native XFCE solution instead of Gnome panel plug-in. Maybe the solution is in this thread, but I couldn't find it through the search or by backtracking through the thread.

Running XFCE 4.6.1 on Karmic.
    this sounds like an issue you may look at http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/list and search if this issue exists or post it there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

this sounds like an issue you may look at http://code.google.com/p/gnome2-globalmenu/issues/list and search if this issue exists or post it there.
    Thanks ayoli. Before I report, do you remember seeing any instructions or workaround for XFCE in this thread or elsewhere? I'd like to give it a real try before putting more pressure on the developer. Or at least post the bug with some info as to what I tried.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks ayoli. Before I report, do you remember seeing any instructions or workaround for XFCE in this thread or elsewhere? I'd like to give it a real try before putting more pressure on the developer. Or at least post the bug with some info as to what I tried.
    I'm sorry, I didn't see any particular hints for xfce here, maybe in the issue list on google code.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have had the same problem with xfce. and have since moved back to gnome ( although I love the speed of xfce and a boot time under 35 seconds from bios to login and seeing the desktop ) and would swith to xfce if it worked well.

Beans

Nice, I like it, but is there any way to unlock the text colour from following the desktop theme?
    I use a dark panel, so cant see the menu text...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by formaldehyde_spoon View Post
    Nice, I like it, but is there any way to unlock the text colour from following the desktop theme?
    I use a dark panel, so cant see the menu text...
    you may want to edit the gtkrc file of your theme (under ~/.themes/<theme_name>/gtk-2.0/gtkrc). find the style that applies to menus and set the text color to your needs.

Beans

you may want to edit the gtkrc file of your theme (under ~/.themes/<theme_name>/gtk-2.0/gtkrc). find the style that applies to menus and set the text color to your needs.
    It wasn't there, it was at /usr/share/themes//gtk-2.0/gtkrc
    (from one of your other posts in this thread - do you realize you've posted in here 250 times? )

But even when I changed every single instance of text[ ? ] = @colour_var in the file to white the menubar text stayed black (some other text, like file names in nautilus changed to white).

Did I miss something? Is there any other way?
    I change the clock text to white by adding this
    Code:
     style "panel-clock"
     {
       fg[NORMAL] = "#FFFFFF"
     }
    widget "*.clock-applet-button.*" style "panel-clock"
    to ~/.gtkrc-2.0
    can I do something similar for globalmenu?
    Last edited by formaldehyde_spoon; May 16th, 2010 at 02:09 AM.

Page 295 of 299 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297 ... LastLast