Thread: [ubuntu] 16.04 32bits xdotool

Beans

Post [ubuntu] 16.04 32bits xdotool

Hello Folks,
    I have a question about xdotool
    I have been trying the command to save the active page on chromium:
    Code:
    $ xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Chromium windowsfocus key Control_L+s
    But this doesn't work, it only writes a "s" on the search bar.

This command worked on a 64 bits ubuntu machine but it doesnt work in 32 bits.
    I hope you can all help me
    Thanks!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: [ubuntu] 16.04 32bits xdotool

I am on ubuntu mate 18.04 (64 bit) and on trying your command as posted with a webpage open in chromium all I got was ...
    Code:
    yetiman:~ $  xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Chromium windowsfocus key Control_L+s
    xdotool: Unknown command: windowsfocus
    Run 'xdotool help' if you want a command list
    On seeing that error I tried changing "windowsfocus" to "windowfocus" and the chromium save page dialog popped up and I could save the active page.

It appears you have a typo error in the command. Try it again without the extra "s" like...
    Code:
    xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Chromium windowfocus key Control_L+s
    ... and see if that suits what you are trying to achieve. I suspect it should work the same on 32 bit.

Regards, yeti.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by yetimon_64 View Post
    I am on ubuntu mate 18.04 (64 bit) and on trying your command as posted with a webpage open in chromium all I got was ...
    Code:
    yetiman:~ $  xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Chromium windowsfocus key Control_L+s
    xdotool: Unknown command: windowsfocus
    Run 'xdotool help' if you want a command list
    On seeing that error I tried changing "windowsfocus" to "windowfocus" and the chromium save page dialog popped up and I could save the active page.

It appears you have a typo error in the command. Try it again without the extra "s" like...
    Code:
    xdotool search --onlyvisible --class Chromium windowfocus key Control_L+s
    ... and see if that suits what you are trying to achieve. I suspect it should work the same on 32 bit.

Regards, yeti.
    Hello yeti, thanks for your reply. It was a typo error when I was typing the question in the forum.
    The command still doesn't work with 'windowsfocus' in ubuntu 32bits for some reason

Thank you!
    Last edited by lchachay; May 5th, 2019 at 05:01 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by lchachay View Post
    Hello yeti, thanks for your reply. It was a typo error when I was typing the question in the forum.
    The command still doesn't work with 'windowsfocus' in ubuntu 32bits for some reason

Thank you!
    You've put the extra s in again here ...

But "ok, understood". I don't know what could be happening with the 32 bit install in that case. I haven't been on a 32 bit install for about 8 or 9 years now. Hopefully someone else with such an installation will come along and help you out soon. Good luck, yeti.