Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Worked around] Firefox just disabled my addons (just me?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: [Worked around] Firefox just disabled my addons (just me?)

My firefox has fixed itself with the latest update.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; May 6th, 2019 at 01:33 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Last edited by VinDSL; May 4th, 2019 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by DuckHook View Post
    …yes, but that query is rendered pointless if every extension will automatically pass the check (even if not actually signed). That's my parsing of the arch code at any rate.

Very true. As soon as the certificate mess is straightened out, I intend to revert my reporting back to highly restrictive.
    Same thought again but was told by a credible source that it (The Code) is just a onetime deal (Get out jail free card), the fix looks like its rolling out out now though>> with what I see here in this forum and others.
    I'm ok with what I did in the above post, will keep an eye on any thing important to report back, but I expect there will be nothing.
    Good to see your MoJo back though, nothing compares to the DuckHook's wisdom in words. (Boom Drops Mike)
    see wilmanne39 is already flying high on FF.
    @Vin DSL nope not going to that. lol>>> I trust Mozilla about as much as I trust Microsoft and Google.
    Last edited by 1fallen; May 4th, 2019 at 10:21 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    …I trust Mozilla about as much as I trust Microsoft and Google.
    Trying to get blush out of me are ya?

Actually, I do trust Mozilla, else wouldn't be using their browser. I simply don't like reporting—on general principles. It's like brushing one's teeth… just a good habit to cultivate.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Trying to get blush out of me are ya?
    Just reporting it how I see it, your a keeper for sure.
    Actually, I do trust Mozilla, else wouldn't be using their browser. I simply don't like reporting—on general principles. It's like brushing one's teeth… just a good habit to cultivate.
    You know me better than that (I'm just a rebel LOL) we do agree though on general principles. And deep down I'm with ya.
    And this now reported:
    We rolled out a hotfix that re-enables affected add-ons. The fix will be automatically applied in the background within the next few hours. For more details, please check out the update at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...nstall-firefox
    We are working on a general fix that doesn’t use the Studies system and will keep this blog post updated accordingly.

We will share a more substantial update in the coming days.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...nstall-firefox
    Last edited by 1fallen; May 5th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

I'm still waiting for the fix to happen, kinda annoying with my password manager ( and other things ) not working.

Have temporarily switched to Opera ( which I use for online banking )

The fix was applied in my Win 10 and Linux Mint installs but not Ubuntu 18.04.2

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Funny, on my Kubuntu 18.04.2 it fixed itself (no action on my part) within one-two hours. 66.0.3 (64-bit)

Still... Opera is getting better, isn't it?
    I currently have it as my Facebook-only browser - I usually have a designated browser for it, only use it for that, and don't use it on the others, as it reduces the level of annoyance both ways - but I'm thinking of designating something else (I don't really use FB anymore anyway) and starting to use it for more things

Beans

@scriber: if the update still hasn't happened, try entering 'about:studies' into the address bar. The studies that contains the hotfix both have the number of the bug (1548973) in their name. One of the studies updates the certificate, the other sets the date of certificate update. There's a link at the top of that page to the item in about:preferences you have to set to allow studies. Update the 'about:studies' page after allowing studies if they weren't enabled before. For me the fix came in within half an hour after allowing studies. I've set this back to not allow studies or report any data to Mozilla and have not had any problems since.

Holger
    Last edited by Holger_Gehrke; May 5th, 2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: disabling the automatic smilies ...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Holger_Gehrke View Post
    @scriber: if the update still hasn't happened, try entering 'about:studies' into the address bar. The studies that contains the hotfix both have the number of the bug (1548973) in their name. One of the studies updates the certificate, the other sets the date of certificate update. There's a link at the top of that page to the item in aboutreferences you have to set to allow studies. Update the 'about:studies' page after allowing studies if they weren't enabled before. For me the fix came in within half an hour after allowing studies. I've set this back to not allow studies or report any data to Mozilla and have not had any problems since.

Holger
    I did all that yesterday, and it shows the 2 items as Active but still nothing.

Beans

I'm still waiting for the fix for Firefox in my Lubuntu 18.04 system. This dual boots with Windows 7 in which Firefox automatically updated from v 66.0.3 to v 66.0.4 earlier today but no such luck in Lubuntu. As I posted in the 'Firefox add-ons disabled and fail to download' thread in the 'Ubuntu, Linux and OS Chat' section, I have now installed and set up the Vivaldi browser which is doing all I require with bookmarks copied from Firefox and all the add-ons I had in Firefox compatible with Vivaldi. If Firefox doesn't automatically fix soon, I may ditch it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast