Thread: Can't post new threads

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Can't post new threads

I just logged into the forums after being away for a long time, and changed my email address. I'm not sure which situation is the source, but I can't post new threads anymore. What do I need to do (or have done) to get my account working fully again?

Thank you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Can't post new threads

Here's your reason:

Quote Originally Posted by le_jawa View Post
    and changed my email address.
    You need to re-activate your account from the verification email sent to the new email address.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hence my confusion - I have not received said verification email. And yes, I did double-check to make sure I entered my email address correctly.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I've re-activated your account for you.

There is a period/full-stop (.) in the local part of your new email address. Gmail would ignore this, but not all domains do, I believe. You might want to check that your email provider does the same as gmail - or not as the case may be.
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 18.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you!

As for the period in my email address, I've had that address for several years now, and this is the first time it's been a problem. The provider supports it with no problem.