Thread: Macbook Ubuntu Splash Screen

Beans

Macbook Ubuntu Splash Screen

Hello all, I am new here but I have been using Linux for 6 years, I actually completed most of my school work on Mint. I recently decided to install an Ubuntu based distro, Pop OS, onto my Macbook. It is an 09 Macbook 13", It's been project of mine because I replaced the key pad, screen, battery, upgraded the RAM, and added an SSD. I chose Pop OS because it is basically Ubuntu with some visual and under the hood changes - nothing that I don't think would make it too far from Ubuntu.

The issue; No boot screen, splash screen, or whatever you would call it. While this is not a huge thing, I would like to get it back if I can. Some distro's will show a splash screen (Deepin and a few others). All distro's start with a black, but lit, screen. So I know it's doing something as the display is almost gray rather than black, but it never get's a chance to display the splash.

Does anyone have any thought's or input?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Macbook Ubuntu Splash Screen

Moved to Apple Hardware Users for a more appropriate fit.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Re: Macbook Ubuntu Splash Screen

Thank you.