Thread: Provide an updated tutorial on installing Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+

Beans

Question Provide an updated tutorial on installing Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+

Hi all, I have spent the last 4 days trying to install Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+ with no success.

The last image I used was this one:
    • From here https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/ (there is no hyperlink to the page) > "Raspberry Pi (recommended)" > "18.04.2 (Bionic)"
    • This image sort of works, although, the screen flickers. And every now and then the flickering stops for 0.5 seconds and shows the Ubuntu Mate desktop, then proceeds to flicker (black for 5 seconds, a very dark blue for 1 second, and then black again for 5 seconds...)

I've searched this forum, and many others, and I cannot seem to find a working image. If one of you could provide a simple updated tutorial on how to install Ubuntu Mate 16/18 or Ubuntu LTS 16/18 on my Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+, that would help me out tremendously. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Provide an updated tutorial on installing Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 B

I doubt there is an updated tutorial for raspberry Pi as it states the OS is experimental, you downloaded the OS from here:

https://ubuntu-mate.org/download/

I recommend that you ask for help solving the issue you have and not try to get a new image, when you say the screen flickers is this after you have installed the OS or you can not install it at all, this information will help some one to be able to help you better.

Thanks

Beans

Re: Provide an updated tutorial on installing Ubuntu Mate on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 B

It is after the OS was installed. And booted on the Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+.