Thread: can't create a video dvd

Beans

can't create a video dvd

I'm trying to make a dvd from a video put together in openshot. After exporting from openshot I've used devede to create an iso and then when I burn it(I've tried both brasero and burner) all that plays when I try to play it in my computer is a 31 second clip with an image of a dvd and the file title rather than the hour long video that was exported from openshot and when I try to play it on a dvd player its unable to play anything from the dvd. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: can't create a video dvd

Maybe I am missing something, but why are you burning it as an .iso file?

Beans

I was following a set of instructions for video dvds saying that to convert the video to an iso for burning with brasero, is that wrong and I can just go straight from an avi file to burning it to a dvd that can be played in a dvd player?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by guine42 View Post
    I'm trying to make a dvd from a video put together in openshot. After exporting from openshot I've used devede to create an iso and then when I burn it(I've tried both brasero and burner) all that plays when I try to play it in my computer is a 31 second clip with an image of a dvd and the file title rather than the hour long video that was exported from openshot and when I try to play it on a dvd player its unable to play anything from the dvd. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Thanks
    Sometimes more action is needed to play the .iso, >> example you say you see a "31 second clip with an image of a dvd and the file title " did you try to click on the Title to play it?
    Also verify your export worked correctly with a right click on the file, and checking the size there. (Just a guess here but the size should be at least 600 mb to over 1gig)
    Lots of information may be needed to help you further,
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    Sometimes more action is needed to play the .iso, >> example you say you see a "31 second clip with an image of a dvd and the file title " did you try to click on the Title to play it?
    Also verify your export worked correctly with a right click on the file, and checking the size there. (Just a guess here but the size should be at least 600 mb to over 1gig)
    Lots of information may be needed to help you further,
    Clicking on the title let me play it on my linux box, but I can't get anything to play on 2 different windows boxes as well as 2 dvd players. The iso is 574 mb.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Clicking on the title let me play it on my linux box, but I can't get anything to play on 2 different windows boxes as well as 2 dvd players. The iso is 574 mb.
    Well the fact that it plays is good news, but this where the other information is needed.
    I assume you chose In the main screen, select “Video DVD”.
    Also was the right option used for region=PAL or NTSC set right, if not it won't play in your commercial DVD Player.
    Lets just check those for now.
    And add this also if you would, for just a quick, did brasero finalize the session?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1fallen; 4 Days Ago at 08:10 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans

I've been selecting the video dvd, I'm not seeing the region option in brasero or burner.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I've been selecting the video dvd, I'm not seeing the region option in brasero or burner.
    I think devede has that option. And if i'm not mistaken it defaults to PAL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1fallen; 4 Days Ago at 08:21 PM.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags

Beans

I think I left that as pal rather than switch to ntsc, I'll try again and see if that works better.

Beans

That was the problem, thanks.