Thread: Cannot add USB 3.0 drivers to Windows 7 install USB.

Beans

Angry Cannot add USB 3.0 drivers to Windows 7 install USB.

A continuation of this hot mess which is a continuation of this hot mess.

I've scoured Google for a solution, and all the "solutions" require the use of Windows programs.

Power ISO in Windows has a DISM option that is absent from the Linux version.

Some Youtube videos keep mentioning using a program from a company called "Gigabyte", but surprise! It's a Windows program! No Linux version!

How do I add USB 3.0 drivers to the install image if I'm on Linux?!?
    No, I don't have any other computer that I can use that has Windows. I only have one computer now--this one.

I hope whoever made that totally screwed up update from March 15th gets their comeuppance. My computer has been unusable for media applications for about a month. It's pretty much a freaking brick at this point.

Oh, and I've read some BS that you can use 7Zip to edit "install.wim". No, that doesn't work at all.
    Last edited by nerv-agent; April 10th, 2019 at 03:20 AM.

Beans

Re: Cannot add USB 3.0 drivers to Windows 7 install USB.

Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I know this article is a bit old but if you can get a working Win 7 bootable USB does that at least get you further?
    http://www.webupd8.org/2010/10/creat...usb-drive.html

Basically, you need to use GParted and UNetbootin (both available on and for Linux distros).

Hope this helps.

Edit: I have to admit I was not really able to find something that can help you. As you mentioned, the tools that might have helped are for Windows and you need something to work in Linux to add the drivers.

I found one reference to using SystemRescueCD to add the USB 3.0 drivers in Linux but did not browse to the site because my security software flagged it as containing malware.

By the way, I understand you are frustrated by what has happened but a lack of response does not mean other users do not care or do not want to help. It likely means they do not know the answer either.
    Last edited by Rubi1200; April 11th, 2019 at 05:22 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Okay, so I found a way to access the site that might and I stress might have the answer for you. I copied the information and saved as a PDF file to upload here.

Please let us know if this worked.