Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Flash Player?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

No Flash Player?

As entitled. Running Google Chrome. Adobe Flash Player grayed out.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: No Flash Player?

Doesn't Chrome install it's own version of flash with the browser ? Where is it grayed out ?
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

This question was originally posted in a Chinese language based Ubuntu forum.

I followed all the right procedures to play flash in Chrome/19.04 but to no avail.

The same flash clip played OK in 18.04.2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Doesn't Chrome install it's own version of flash with the browser ? Where is it grayed out ?
    In Chrome, I was prompted to allow flash plugin (which is part of Chrome), but nothing happened. Then I right-clicked the flash clip, all the "options" are grayed out. Again, no problem in 18.04.2.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Unfortunately, there is no way to permanently enable the plugin in Chrome; it’s blocked by default. But you can make it work temporarily for whole websites and individual pieces of Flash content.

Select the padlock in the URL bar, (See Screenshot) Bear in mind that this will enable Flash across the entire website, not just for specific content.

If you don’t fancy enabling Flash across a whole website and instead just want to view certain Flash content like animations and games, you can just enable Flash Player for those particular pieces of content. Just select the grey box which reads Click to enable Adobe Flash Player. You’ll then be given a notification pop-up to confirm the action. Select Allow, and you’re good to go.
    EDIT: You will have to refresh (Alt+F5) the page after making the change. (chrome://settings/content/flash)
    Can you post the site url with the non playing flash content?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1fallen; April 2nd, 2019 at 07:21 PM.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by 1fallen View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no way to permanently enable the plugin in Chrome; it’s blocked by default. But you can make it work temporarily for whole websites and individual pieces of Flash content.

Select the padlock in the URL bar, (See Screenshot) Bear in mind that this will enable Flash across the entire website, not just for specific content.

If you don’t fancy enabling Flash across a whole website and instead just want to view certain Flash content like animations and games, you can just enable Flash Player for those particular pieces of content. Just select the grey box which reads Click to enable Adobe Flash Player. You’ll then be given a notification pop-up to confirm the action. Select Allow, and you’re good to go.
    EDIT: You will have to refresh (Alt+F5) the page after making the change. (chrome://settings/content/flash)
    Can you post the site url with the non playing flash content?
    Believe me, I have tried everything.

Two example url's (both are in Chinese):

http://www.fecm.cn/index.html

https://www.qq.com/

qq.com is one of the most popular web sites in China.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I see the same with Opera which is Chromium based like Google Chrome. Run this Plug-in Fails.

Edit: With Firefox I see a enable DRM which allows me to play video, there is no Option in Chromium based Opera.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; April 3rd, 2019 at 02:16 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Stuff like this just blows me away, as to why it works for some and not others.
    Both of those links works here in Chrome.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

I have exactly the same problem with the PPAPI Flashplayer plugin in chrome, chromium, vivaldi and opera. Grayed out and no function. NPAPI and Firefox works.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I tested the same flash clip/url on Fedora 30 beta/Firefox, had to install Adobe flash player plugin, was asked to give permission, but once given, Firefox crashed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast