Thread: Most apps won’t load

Beans

Most apps won’t load

Ok, so I just got my grandpas old computer made in 2013. So it runs on Windows 7 and I decide “My friends keep telling me to try Linux so I might as well”. So I download Linux follow a tutorial... etc. But when it was done installing it wanted me to install again. So I just clicked X. And there it was my new computer. First things first, the time was wrong. So I booted up Firefox to look up how to change (because I’m that stupid) and I found it. So I go to settings But it won’t load. It has the icon saying it’s on but it won’t load. I tried other apps too. Ubuntu Software, Mail, and even Minesweeper won’t work. The only working one is Firefox. But it crashes when I try to load any website EXCEPT Chromium download. BUT I can’t open the terminal either so I can’t install. I think it was something with closing out of the install the second time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Most apps won’t load

I would just reinstall. It would be easier and take less time than trying to troubleshoot it, especially since it's a fresh install itself.
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What did you install (Linux distribution and version) and what tutorial did you follow?
    (Linux can be a very generic term)

Also, doesn't hurt to know the hardware specs.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by megacactus27 View Post
    But when it was done installing it wanted me to install again.
    But that's normal because you installed from a CD/DVD/USB and you didn't remove it and you didn't change the boot order. Normally it starts from a HDD/SSD. Simply removing the installation media and rebooting might solve problems so that would be the best way to start problem solving.