Thread: Dell Inspiron 13 7359 keyboard not working after waking up from sleep mode

Beans

Exclamation Dell Inspiron 13 7359 keyboard not working after waking up from sleep mode

Hi all,
    I recently dual booted my Dell Inspiron 13 7359 with Ubuntu 18.04. I used a bootable USB for the same and did the basic installation. After using the laptop the first day, I closed the lid to put it to sleep. The next day, when I open the lid, the system woke up but when I tried to used the keyboard, I was unable to. Also, this is the laptop's keyboard, not an external keyboard. I am able to use the mouse and select the onscreen keyboard, but to be able to use the laptop's, I have to restart the system and boot back into Ubuntu from the GRUB menu. The keyboard works on Windows 10, so I'm in a bind. Any help will be appreciated.
    TIA.

Beans

Re: Dell Inspiron 13 7359 keyboard not working after waking up from sleep mode

I have the same problem. Do you dound any solution ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Deleted
    Last edited by him610; August 7th, 2019 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Did not contribute to discussion.
    Cheers,

The Linux Command Line at http://linuxcommand.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Can confirm, I'm having the same problem. Really ticking me off.
    Still hoping a distribution will one day be called "Stylish Skunk"...

Beans

Hi!

Same problem at my Dell Inpiron 13 5000 series.
    Rotating th screen to the tablet mode and back turns them on again.