Thread: VLC's "always on top" does not work

Beans

Unhappy VLC's "always on top" does not work

I am running Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS and when I play a video in VLC and select "always on top" I can move other application over top of VLC window which does not occur on other operating systems using VLC. Is this a know problem ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: VLC's "always on top" does not work

Hello,

having tested it on my system it works just fine. Maybe providing information about the version used you might get better responses. The version used is 3.0.4.

Regards!

Beans

I am running version VLC 3.06 on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS. I am suspecting a update causing this error. what version are you running? I have posted an xample of the problem on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJuPjaMf8Y
    Last edited by cam17; March 19th, 2019 at 09:05 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Claus7 View Post

...The version used is 3.0.4....
    so you have a different version. It seems that you have added a repository or you might use it as a snap package. I would advice you to open synaptic, install vlc from there and check anew if you face the same issue.

Regards!

Beans

The version of VLC installed as of March 2019 is 3.0.6 as from "Ubuntu & software" and "Ubuntu and "software and updates" shows download form "server for Canada" also synaptic was not installed by default in Ubuntu 18.03