Thread: NetgearWNDA3100v2 Driver issues

Beans

Question NetgearWNDA3100v2 Driver issues

Hello, this is my first post on the forum so if I'm violating any rules please feel free to remove or relocate the thread. Anyways, I have a WNDA3100v2 N-Wireless adapter that I have used for several years since before I built my first computer and I'm really happy with the performance of it and don't wish to buy a new one. I was aware that this device has some driver trouble on Linux, but I found a couple of solutions online, however, they were a little out of date and didn't end up working out for me. I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 tried using ndiswrapper and the driver file provided here: <a href="https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2052594" target="_blank">https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2052594</a> I followed the first few suggestions and steps the users did there, but still couldn't get it working. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Re: NetgearWNDA3100v2 Driver issues

If you get this or any other device working with ndiswrapper in any modern, not end-of-life kernel version, gcc version, etc., I shall be quite surprised.

Are there any clues here?
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    dmesg | grep ndis
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Screenshot from 2019-03-03 12-07-54.jpgScreenshot from 2019-03-03 12-08-05.jpgThese are the results of the commands. It seems like the driver is installed and recognized the device, but just isn't initializing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

I have no other suggestions. You have an XP-era driver trying to work in a much newer kernel and gcc version. ndiswrapper hasn't been well-supported for many years. Sorry.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

I figured well thanks anyways for your help. Fortunately my dads friend lent me an old wifi adapter that I can use for extended terms