Thread: Bluetooth speaker stuttering on Xubuntu 18.04

Beans

Bluetooth speaker stuttering on Xubuntu 18.04

Hello!

After much researching around the web for a long time, with no results (trying different stuff), I decided to finally make a topic about it:
    I have a laptop Dell Latitude E5430 with a 64-bit Xubuntu 18.04 on it.
    I also have this bluetooth speaker, and from time to time, while I'm watching a video or playing audio either from chrome/firefox/opera on YouTube or from a player (like SMPlayer, Parole player), the sound from the bluetooth speaker would stutter. Sometimes this happens not so often. But sometimes it's an occurring thing every few seconds. And it's annoying me.

I want to clarify that when on Windows 7, the speaker had never stuttered. Also, when I use it with my android phone, it had never stuttered. Obviously, it's a software problem with Xubuntu/Ubuntu. I've also had this problem on Lubuntu and Linux Mint (the distros I've used so far, but currently stopped at Xubuntu because of the lightness and stability).

Anyone can help?
    Last edited by lisati; March 2nd, 2019 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Inappropriate turn of phrase

Beans

Re: Bluetooth speaker stuttering on Xubuntu 18.04

Bump?

Beans

Re: Bluetooth speaker stuttering on Xubuntu 18.04

i had it once, and i seems to be the usb dongle that was messed up, bought a new one and went fine