Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how to use fonts

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Re: how to use fonts

i didnt go through this thread to see what i wrote, though i am asking the wrong question.. at the moment the zoom is at 133%.. how can i get this to stay permanent? different sites, or different days, i might want 120%. i just went up to 150%. now it is getting better.. on other days at this same site, i can use 120%..
    i dont think its me. for some reason, it is as the definition of font size changes.. the old paper cook books dont seam to change on a day to day basis. i will grant this, it is possible, my vision could keep changing, back and forth, it dont seem plausible..
    stranger things have happened. dyslexia, and tinnitus were unknowns, once..
    the only bad question is one that is not asked. i confuse myself..
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us..

Beans

For the overall desktop, try Settings->Universal access. There is an on/off toggle for large text and a setting for zoom.

If you just want it in your browser when browsing web pages, it would depend on which browser you are using, but there are settings/preferences in each browser for this also.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i'm using firefox, with lubuntu 18.04 lts. you got the drift of want i need, i think. i dont explain myself well.. i want the text to be consistent, no matter what page i am on, so i dont have to zoom, all the time. besides, it seems the zoom changes. now i am at 150%. tomorrow i might be at 120%, yet the letters are the same size. go figure.. the page seems to get bigger, but i want the text to be bigger more than the page to be bigger. i dont ask for much do i. doubt i have explained this well. thanks
    Last edited by oneleded; October 17th, 2019 at 11:27 AM.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

In Firefox you can go to Edit → Preferences → Language and Appearance → Advanced and set a minimum font size to whatever is comfortable for you to read. All webpages should then display text that's at least that big.

There's not actually any direct relationship between the font size in points and the size of the glyphs in pixels - font rendering is absurdly messy - but that should get you what you're ultimately after: every site being readable.
    None but ourselves can free our minds

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i have not responded, due to family problems i dont intent to rest till, i have this solved.. thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234