Thread: I was here before...

Beans

Cool I was here before...

Hi Folks.
    Just re-joined as 'notanewbie' because well - I'm not a newbie !!
    Was joined back in 2012 as 'smallhagrid', but could not regain access to that account, so here I be.

Delighted that Ubuntu has become so wonderfully user friendly & I've helped many non-technical friends change into it from that 'other' type of OS.

Seems that I had a bit of an easier time with 16.04 than I've had with 18.04 - it seems to break more easily.
    (Tried using Docky & Midori with it with very disappointing results !!)

Aside of those, had some very goofy things happen with the compositor, but got that fixed OK.

I'm just wondering if it's unusual or rather common to see such goofiness ??

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: I was here before...

Quote Originally Posted by notanewbie View Post
    Hi Folks.
    Just re-joined as 'notanewbie' because well - I'm not a newbie !!
    Was joined back in 2012 as 'smallhagrid', but could not regain access to that account, so here I be.
    Welcome back. Have a look here.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Thanks for replying & for the welcome.

It was quite a while ago that my previous account went bye-bye - I'm quite certain that happened well before the change to SSO.
    When I found it had died I also found that I was getting all the info I needed by just carefully searching, so I let it be.

But...I ran into a real head-scratcher that I couldn't pin down any solution for - so tried logging in with my old ID again;
    Unsuccessfully, of course.

Hopefully I will not lose track of this newer account & it will serve me & some good folks whom I've helped leave behind such things as BSODs - forever.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hello and welcome back notanewbie, your original account is still there it just has not been logged into since 2012, the SSO was created in the summer of 2013 and you changed your email on that account once so when you tried to log in you must of used the wrong email address at Ubuntu One that is why you did not get back into your original account, follow the directions in the link lisati gave you if you want help getting back in to it.

Thanks

Beans

Thank you Wildmanne39.
    Since it has been so long & so much has changed in my life since then...and I already have this new account - it seems best & less complicated to simply move forward from here with the new account.
    (Much of my internet usage is very different now too.)
    Does that other account need to be deleted or something ??

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by notanewbie View Post
    Thank you Wildmanne39.
    Since it has been so long & so much has changed in my life since then...and I already have this new account - it seems best & less complicated to simply move forward from here with the new account.
    (Much of my internet usage is very different now too.)
    Does that other account need to be deleted or something ??

Thanks.
    I will disable it for you, we do not delete accounts.