Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arctic Fox, a new web browser is available for Linux PPC

Beans

Re: Arctic Fox, a new web browser is available for Linux PPC

@xeno74:

Tried to get your package, but I must be doing something wrong . . . tried to search for it in synaptic and nothing showed up for "arctic fox" so I downloaded your link for 16.04 and got the .tar.bzxx file into Downloads on my screechingly slow iBook . . . then I tried to get GDebi Package installer to install it, but it said, "This is not a debian file and can't be installed." So then I tried to "extract" it and tried GDebi again on the "Arctic Fox" directory and that time it said, "File is either corrupted or you don't have permission to install it, check permissions." So I changed all the permissions to "anyone" and that didn't work either.

I then tried to get my old Powermac to get the packages, but there I only have a TTY . . . GUI is refusing to show up and go to work . . . . Where might my error be, or did somehow the .tar.bz file did get damaged in the download??

Beans

@este.el.paz

Sorry for my late answer. You don't need to install it with GDebi. You can start it with ./arcticfox in the "arcticfox" folder.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xeno74 View Post
    @este.el.paz

Sorry for my late answer. You don't need to install it with GDebi. You can start it with ./arcticfox in the "arcticfox" folder.
    @xeno74:

Thanks for the follow up, I'll check it and see if it's "obvious" . . . I did go into the folder and clicked on a few items . . . I'll see what happens if I click more "assertively" . . . ????

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by este.el.paz View Post
    @xeno74:

Thanks for the follow up, I'll check it and see if it's "obvious" . . . I did go into the folder and clicked on a few items . . . I'll see what happens if I click more "assertively" . . . ????
    Please start Arctic Fox with ./arcticfox in a terminal.

Code:
    cd arcticfox/
    Code:
    ./arcticfox

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xeno74 View Post
    Please start Arctic Fox with ./arcticfox in a terminal.

Code:
    cd arcticfox/
    Code:
    ./arcticfox
    @xeno74:

OK, that makes more sense, I think I tried
    Code:
    arcticfox
    as my attempt in the terminal, missed the "cd" and then the "./" . . . be a day or so before I get back over to the PPC world . . . .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123