Thread: Driver for Canon printer

Beans

Driver for Canon printer

(There doesn't seem to be a forum for Very Very New users; my problem is nowhere near the level of understanding of the others that I've read in this forum (I see similar posts but none relating to my model); so, with apologies...)

I have Linux Lite 3.8 running on a PC with a Pentium 4 CPU at 3.00 GHz, with 958260 kB memory.
    I have been trying to get my PC to print on a Canon PIXMA iP2200 colour printer.
    Since there doesn't appear to be a driver available for this model printer (model numbers above and below, but not this one), I have downloaded Gutenprint.
    I haven't succeeded in printing a test page or a document. The print queue shows nothing, despite requests accumulating up to Job 11 currently.
    Under System/Printers, I see Print State Idle State Reasons cups-missing-filter-warning. On the Cups website I can't find anything about filters.

I'd greatly appreciate advice about how to proceed.
    Many thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Driver for Canon printer

Thread moved to Ubuntu/Debian BASED sub-forum.

You will probably find more people with experience of Linux Lite on Linux Lite's own forum - https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 17.10 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.