Thread: No connection in Kubuntu guest on Windows 10 host after changing from DSL to cable ro

Beans

No connection in Kubuntu guest on Windows 10 host after changing from DSL to cable ro

Greetings,
    I have been struggling with this issue for about a year and have had no success in finding a solution.
    I have VirtualBox running on Windows 10 with two guest VMs set up, Kubuntu and Sage. Kubuntu worked fine until I switched from DSL to cable. As soon as the old router was gone and the new one replaced it, I have no internet connection on the Kubuntu guest.
    I've tried adjusting connection settings on host, guest, and VB tools...can't get a connection established.
    I just deleted my old VirtualBox install, and made sure that the Host-Only adapter was uninstalled in Network Settings...and installed 6.0...and that didn't fix it.

I've included a screenshot of ipconfig along with the VirtualBox network settings, a text file of the Windows 10 output of ifconfig.
    Can anyone see what got broken, or more likely didn't get updated properly when I changed routers?

Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: No connection in Kubuntu guest on Windows 10 host after changing from DSL to cabl

Never mind...about two minutes after I posted this I was looking at the output of ifconfig and decided to check /etc/network/interfaces. Sure enough, changing everything from eth0 to enp0s3 followed by a restart fixed everything.