Thread: Stuck on blue screen after logging in / ctrl+alt+4 and then OK

Beans

Stuck on blue screen after logging in / ctrl+alt+4 and then OK

It has been a while since this has happened.
    I try to log into the system, I put my password and then the screen goes blank, the mouse moves around but I can't interact with the desktop.
    I then do ctrl+alt_4 and then log in from the terminal, then start X by typing "startx" and it goes back to normal
    I am on Xubuntu 16. Why is this happening? How can I resolve it?

Beans

Re: Stuck on blue screen after logging in / ctrl+alt+4 and then OK

Quote Originally Posted by stillnotthateasy View Post
    It has been a while since this has happened.
    I try to log into the system, I put my password and then the screen goes blank, the mouse moves around but I can't interact with the desktop.
    I then do ctrl+alt_4 and then log in from the terminal, then start X by typing "startx" and it goes back to normal
    I am on Xubuntu 16. Why is this happening? How can I resolve it?
    I have the same problem - but permanently. It came about after I removed a few 'bloat' progs from my Xubuntu package. When I try to log on through a virtual terminal (using any of ctrl-alt-F1 thru' ctrl-alt-F4) it signals incorrect password, even though I have just entered that password at the greeter screen to begin a regular log-on. WTF goes on here, anyone?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I have the same problem - but permanently. It came about after I removed a few 'bloat' progs from my Xubuntu package. When I try to log on through a virtual terminal (using any of ctrl-alt-F1 thru' ctrl-alt-F4) it signals incorrect password, even though I have just entered that password at the greeter screen to begin a regular log-on. WTF goes on here, anyone?
    My password works actually, just unless I do the ctrl alt f4 would not log in...
    I am tempted to wipe it and reinstall everything.. but maybe there is a better solution...
    anyone?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stillnotthateasy View Post
    My password works actually, just unless I do the ctrl alt f4 would not log in...
    I am tempted to wipe it and reinstall everything.. but maybe there is a better solution...
    anyone?
    At least you get into your account. I'm locked out and will have to resort to some kind of nuclear attack to get my files out.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    At least you get into your account. I'm locked out and will have to resort to some kind of nuclear attack to get my files out.
    can anybody help us?