Access to the internet has recently stopped on my laptop. This was shortly after I disconnected and re-connected the router.

From the laptop, I can ping a couple of different machines around my network and get 100% pings returned in sensible (sub 5ms) returns. I can also access data on these other machines. If I ping the router I get about 7% successful pings. They go in blocks, so maybe between 3 and 6 successful consecutive pings, and then a long block of none getting through, then a few more get through etc.

The internet connection appears to work ok from other machines. (like the one I'm on now).

If I ping my laptop from one of the other machines, I get 100% success, again, in sensible times.

Using a wired connection, and everything behaves as I would expect.

If I boot the laptop onto a knoppix environment from USB, I get similarly poor ping results, so I don't think I have a software/settings issue.

So, do I have a laptop hardware issue? If so, why can I access other machines on the network?
Do I have a router issue? If so, why do I get a sensible connection to the internet from other machines?
How can I differentiate between these two potential causes? I have re-started the laptop (Lenovo E550) and the router (Hauwei HG 659b) several times with no noticeable effect.

Thanks for reading!
Andy