Thread: Want to create a custom webpage refresh key and map it to the f1 key as primary

Beans

Want to create a custom webpage refresh key and map it to the f1 key as primary

On my laptop F keys are not primary but secondary . The primary functions on the f keys are things like display , vol + or - , screen brightness + or - things of that nature . To use the actual F functions like F5 refresh webpage you must fn+ F5 . Kind of a pain ....do not want .

Soooooo , using keyboard/app shortcuts on ubuntu studio settings editor menu I can program shortcuts . And the primary on f1 is a ? that does nothing at all so I wanna use that key to refresh webpages without stretching thumb to pointer to do a fn + f5

All I need to know is the actual command text trigger to refresh a webpage . Is there one or is it a multi dimensional script ?

Beans

Re: Want to create a custom webpage refresh key and map it to the f1 key as primary

Im looking at xdotool documentation and forum instruction but it seems a bit difficult to understand creation of the script syntax