Thread: No display, no bios option page after choosing nomodeset... option in grub

Beans

No display, no bios option page after choosing nomodeset... option in grub

Hello!! I had recently dual booted my laptop with windows and phoenix os (x86). In the grub menu, there were four different graphics options like nomodeset ( I forgot the other ones). The phoenix os booted fine on three of the options, but when I chose the last option, I got blurry graphics, due to which I hard shut my laptop. Since then, I have no display in the laptop, not even the bios page loads.The fan and the cd rom get power initially, but after some time, it is gone. What might be the problem behind it? How can I solve it? Please help me.
    Last edited by andy36633; 1 Week Ago at 06:23 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: No display, no bios option page after choosing nomodeset... option in grub

Not an Ubuntu question.

Moved to Any Other OS

If you are not getting to the BIOS screen, the problem is not with your OS, but your machine.

What do you see? A black screen immediately?
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines
    My Blog
    A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

The os I was trying to boot with uses linux kernel. So, I thought it might be relevant. Yes, I have no display at all. The fan starts and then turns off immediately.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

That's a hardware fault with your machine.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines
    My Blog
    A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

If you are not hearing any beeps, I would think that your power supply has failed. At least that would be what I would be testing first.