Thread: Looking for an application launcher without a search menu

Beans

Looking for an application launcher without a search menu

Hi, using ubuntu 18.04 here. Is there an application launcher (application menu, start menu) available that does not have a search field, or at least does not put the cursor focus into said search field? Also looking for it to have keyboard accelerators (menu access keys), so that I can navigate the launcher by hitting a single key on the keyboard as I drill down into it.

In other words, a basic "classic shell-type" of launcher. Thanks for any suggestions.

Beans

Re: Looking for an application launcher without a search menu

Bump
    Last edited by QIII; January 17th, 2019 at 10:37 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Hello!

You might get a response if your bumped your thread every 12 hours or so. Leaving it be for a week lets it sink to the ooze at the bottom of the sea. Nobody goes deep sea diving to find unanswered threads.

Cheers!
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ever find one?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Install gnome-shell-extensions. This installs a few officially supported extensions. Install gnome-tweaks, and use that to enable the "Applications menu" extension.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Install gnome-shell-extensions. This installs a few officially supported extensions. Install gnome-tweaks, and use that to enable the "Applications menu" extension.
    Thanks Vanadium. I installed the gnome-shell-extensions, but where in gnome-tweaks do I enable the "Applications menu" extension? Image is the gnome-tweaks window...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jon54 View Post
    Thanks Vanadium. I installed the gnome-shell-extensions, but where in gnome-tweaks do I enable the "Applications menu" extension? Image is the gnome-tweaks window...
    Guide for how to get and install extensions:
    https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-insta...c-beaver-linux
    As it says there, you may need to logout and login in order to have them display. There will be an "Extensions" category along the left-side pane of the Tweaks window.
    Note there is a second method, installing through your web browser from the gnome extensions webpage, that many users (like myself) prefer.