Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyonre still running Trusty Tahr 14.04?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Anyonre still running Trusty Tahr 14.04?

I'm running Ubuntu Studio 14.04. It's so finely tuned to all my particular audio production layouts...I'm dreading having to go through all that and I'm hanging on by my fingernails.
    I typically stick to LTS releases.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Anyonre still running Trusty Tahr 14.04?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyBuntu View Post
    It's so finely tuned to all my particular audio production layouts...
    yeah that's the issue. you just set it all up and then have to change. that's why i wish seamless upgrades would get more focus. the upgrade should get you a newer better system but keep all the fine tuning as much as possible. instead it can go horribly wrong and upgrade support is not a priority. i was also really disappointed when i found out that Kubuntu dropped the 5 year support plan. in fact i was disappointed when Cannonical went full gnome and dropped KDE, which in my opinion offers better desktop as well as mobile experience. but it's their business and they had to make cuts once the whole phone OS didn't work.

there is something magical with LTS periods in linux. once you set it all up, it just works and works... with no big issues. if you could upgrade and it all still worked i wouldn't care if support period was 9 months, but too often it doesn't. so having long LTS period is important.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup (suitable for older PCs): Redobackup Less friendly disk backup (works on new PC): Clonezilla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12