Thread: Is the touch pad in Ubuntu as nice to use as in windows 10

Beans

Question Is the touch pad in Ubuntu as nice to use as in windows 10

Hello Ubuntu community,
    I'm quiet new to Ubuntu, I got it on my desktop PC installed. I am planning buying a current Windows laptop and installing Ubuntu on it, but I'm not sure if the touch pad experience will be as good as in Windows 10 with Precision Drivers. In terms of gestures and general feel of the touch pad. I read that gestures are configurable so that's not the problem.
    But if someone has experience with that I would appreciate you giving your opinion.

sincerely Chris.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Is the touch pad in Ubuntu as nice to use as in windows 10

Hi and welcome, if you could give more details on the model and a search may help answer your questions.

Beans

Shure its a Lenovo ideapad 330s (link below), i searched for it but didn't find anything that answers my question.

The laptop: https://www.amazon.de/Lenovo-IdeaPad...o+ideapad+330s

Beans

If you're just looking for user experience, I use both a Dell and a Lenovo laptop daily...both with Ubuntu 18.04. Both have touchpads. My work laptop is set up with some limited configuration. The touchpad seems smooth and I don't notice any difference from Windows (I switched about a month ago from Windows 10). The Lenovo has no special configuration. It works great out of the box. Smooth, although it was a little touchy. I was able to dial that back a little. I use it daily for media production and the touchpad works the same as on Windows ( I switched that laptop over about 2 months ago)

Beans

Yes it will I'm using a touchpad on my asus laptop I haven't found any difference when I'm using it on win10.

Beans

Thanks guys I appreciate your comments, you really helped with my decision.