Thread: Downloading ubuntu linux

Beans

Downloading ubuntu linux

Hello
    So i was thinking recently to switch to linux and im not sure if my hardware is supported Also if u have any tips to new users please tell me
    My specs:
    cpu:i56600
    Graphics card:amd radeon r390
    Ram:8gb
    MotherBoard:HP Product2B4BVersion1.04
    Any help would be appreciated

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Downloading ubuntu linux

Best way to test is just download ISO and use installer to extract & create live installer.
    The live installer works as a live system so you test if & how well it works on your system. It will be a bit slower since using USB & Flash. You want to keep live installer then as repair flash drive.

If you have Windows you also want to have a repair/recovery flash drive for it and do good backups before you start modifying system.

General details on entire process in 9 "easy" steps in link in my signature. Be sure to click thru on other links for anything you do not understand, or not sure how to do.

Then for anything you do not fully understand or need a bit more help on, post back.
    HP also has not been one of the most friendly at allowing dual boot, but many have installed Ubuntu on HP computers. Some have posted that an update to HP's UEFI has made it easier to dual boot and should be done even if not dual booting.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Re: Downloading ubuntu linux

Thank You for helping me