Thread: I got back in my forum account, but it's associated with the wrong UbuntuOne account

Beans

I got back in my forum account, but it's associated with the wrong UbuntuOne account

Hi! Sorry to bug you all one more time. Thanks to @wildmanne39 for helping me get my old account and username back.

Throughout this process, I had to create a temporary Ubuntu One account (which has a primary email address ending in @live.com).

The email address I want to be attached to my forum account is associated with my real Ubuntu One account (which has a primary email address ending in @gmail.com).

What do I need to do to fix this? I tried changing my email address on the forum settings page and logging in with SSO from the correct Ubuntu One account, but that didn't work.

Let me know and I'll DM you the primary email address of the Ubuntu one account that I am looking to log in with.

Thanks so much for your patience and support throughout this process.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: I got back in my forum account, but it's associated with the wrong UbuntuOne acco

There may be a quick and easy way to do this. Do you know whether your preferred Ubuntu One account is associated with the forum ben_jetson2 or benjetson-temp2 account? If so, say which one and I can do a quick fix.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Re: I got back in my forum account, but it's associated with the wrong UbuntuOne acco

When I log in using my preferred UbuntuOne account, I get a blank vBulletin error message that looks like this:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Tip...w?usp=drivesdk

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I think I've figured it out. Try logging out and then logging in with your preferred Ubuntu One account.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

I tried doing that in an incognito tab (so the cookies wouldn't overlap), and I get the same blank error page.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Just to add - that blank error was perhaps due to the fact that I was halfway through swapping the links to your Ubuntu One accounts around, and the vbulletin software was getting confused. You should be OK now. I've also re-activated the BenJetson account - by changing the email address you put it into a non-privileged usergroup pending email verification.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Try again, please. You must log out of both the forum and Ubuntu One properly first.

Beans

I tried logging in again with the preferred account just now from a different computer and got the same blank error page.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Just noticed this:

Quote Originally Posted by BenJetson View Post
    I tried doing that in an incognito tab (so the cookies wouldn't overlap), and I get the same blank error page.
    No, don't do that. Please log out completely from both the forum and Ubuntu One SSO, and then try logging in to the forum with your preferred Ubuntu One account.

Beans

Hold on, I'll try again and actually completely log out of everything this time.