Thread: windows 10 how to sync a folder

Beans

windows 10 how to sync a folder

Ello All

I have two windows 10 machines, one laptop and another is a pc at home. I use onedrive alot and i love it since i get a 1TB drive for free since i am a student. But here is my question, i want to start storing things locally but being able to access them remotley. I used to do use putty to make an ssh connection to the homer server and just download my files from the PC to my laptop while at school or work. This is fine and dandy, but i have challanged my self to do something simular to onedrive.

Is there a way i can create a local folder on my desktop or anywhere i please, name it CloudSpace, then just drag files to that folder and each time i do, it will push them to the server as well? i like it this way because then its all integrated and i do not have to open so many apps or other windwos. just drag and drop. that way the local folder is in sync with the server folder.

thanks

Beans

Re: windows 10 how to sync a folder

Not entirely sure I got what you are looking for, but I have mounted my OneDrive in Ubuntu 18.,04 by using rclone.
    I can upload files to OneDrive, and they appear in the mounted folder a little later.
    I can also copy files into the mounted folder, and then the file appears in OneDrive.

So far, this is working very well for me.

The only issue I have so far, is that I use WPS Office, and it does not seem to have access to this mounted folder.
    The work-around has been to copy the files out of the mounted folder.