Thread: Fallout New Vegas crashes after intro

Beans

Fallout New Vegas crashes after intro

Hi all

I've installed Fallout New Vegas through Steam Play, it launches just fine, but crashes to desktop after the intro without any error messages. I found a New Vegas anti-crash mod and a mod for the drivers, but unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue. I'm on a laptop with an AMD processor onboard AMD graphics. Any ideas as to how to get it run? Thank you in advance.

Mia

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Re: Fallout New Vegas crashes after intro

My own experience with SteamPlay is that it's kind of a crapshoot finding which Windows games run. Of course, I'm currently using a laptop myself, with an i3 and Intel graphics. Some games, for example BioShock, runs perfectly. BioShock Remastered did not run; it, I surmise it's my deck. Age of Civilizations 2, Banished (without sound),Consortium, Catan, Magic 2014, Bejeweled 2, the Divinity games, and a few more do run fine. And, at least currently, there are a number of Windows games that SteamPlay cannot run at all.

Having seen them as working with SteamPlay, while waiting to build my Ryzen desktop, I purchased No Man's Sky (which is far, far better than it was at release) and The Witcher 3.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Moved to wine section.

Beans

It might be the game or the steam itself,which i do hate as only makes things more complicated.
    Please open steam,and then go to the game folder with a terminal,normally opening a console and draggin the folder on it gaves you the direction itself.
    Do wine gamelauncher.exe and post the results.
    If its something missing on the wine program,or the steam manager then it will tell.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Old thread closed.