Thread: Needed: Distro With NO Dropbox Systray Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Needed: Distro With NO Dropbox Systray Issues

I am running 18.10 and looking for a dual-boot candidate. I've had to dump a fair number of beautiful distros, e.g., Antergos, because of the failure of systray to present a functioning Dropbox icon (with settings). I'm not interested in workarounds.

Can anyone recommend another distro, besides Ubuntu, that runs Dropbox clean, no issues, based on your personal experience??

Thank you!
    Aller Anfang ist schwer.

ASUS PRIME Z690-A; 12th Gen Intel i3-12100 4100 MHz; RAM DDR5 4800 MHz; NVME Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2 TB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Needed: Distro With NO Dropbox Systray Issues

More info needed - - which Ubuntu based distros and what DE's did you run? Other than on Elementary, I haven't seen the kind of issue (functional applet in panel) that you describe. If you just want a quick recommend, Dropbox runs perfectly on the nice looking Ubuntu-Budgie distro. If you move the dock to the bottom, enable full dock transparency, and increase the dock icons slightly - - it's a great looking and fast working desktop.
    Last edited by Geoffrey_Arndt; December 7th, 2018 at 05:11 AM. Reason: typo
    Problem installing Ubuntu? . . Just get it "Preinstalled" (like you did for Windows!) . . http://linuxpreloaded.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thank you for this. I aborted this distro due to a dealbreaker--for me. The Solus installer does not recognize free disc space. It requires external and independent use of gparted. The only other option is to re-size your primary OS, which I did not want to do.
    Aller Anfang ist schwer.

ASUS PRIME Z690-A; 12th Gen Intel i3-12100 4100 MHz; RAM DDR5 4800 MHz; NVME Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2 TB

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Try openSUSE. I had no Dropbox issues until they (Dropbox) dropped XFS support. If I ever have extra time I'll reformat my home partition.