Thread: [ubuntu][budgie] bug probably... authenticate failure updates on wake

Beans

Angry [ubuntu][budgie] bug probably... authenticate failure updates on wake

hello

this is probably a bug because i can't explain otherwise. i'm sad it's 2018 and linux still has random usability bugs like this.

i ask to install updates... it download updates and sometime i tell it to suspend.

on wake, i am prompted to authenticate to install updates

password is never correct. endless attempts. no error message.

what is wrong with your user interface people? are they taht careless? maybe after 20th attempt it could give different message. or maybe it could be honest and say the problem isn't the password but some other error it can't properly handle.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: [ubuntu][budgie] bug probably... authenticate failure updates on wake

Quote Originally Posted by alex526 View Post
    what is wrong with your user interface people?
    Just stop there. As you may very well know, this is a forum of end-users, staff included, who are not responsible for the development or design of Ubuntu, nor are we employed by Canonical. If you need help with your problem, please state your needs politely and hopefully someone will try to help
    Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 17.10 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags - IRC #ubuntuforums

Member: Not Canonical Team

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

The password failure you describe has nothing to do at all with the user interface. It is a basic part of the Linux system.

As coffeecat said, if you're polite and ask a question without carping about something you don't understand, you are far more likely to get an answer.

In other words, be nice.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Why would anyone put the system into suspend during the midst of doing an install or system update? 95% of updates I've done since 2003 finish in about 10 - 15 minutes or less. So, just change your power settings so the system doesn't start a suspend for 30 minutes or longer. Problem solved.
    Problem installing Ubuntu? . . Just get it "Preinstalled" (like you did for Windows!) . . http://linuxpreloaded.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

My "found in the garbage" 2.2 speed dual core with a $35 SSD drive boots in 18 seconds. I never ever think about suspending it. Shut down, restart when needed.
    Last edited by Autodave; 2 Days Ago at 06:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Just update through the terminal.
    sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

Stop putting your computer on suspend while you're trying to get something done.