Thread: Postfix Forwarding Issue

Beans

Smile Postfix Forwarding Issue

Hello guys,

I'm new here and I'm also new to postfix, I will appreciate if you can help with this issue.

we just upgraded the MTA (mail transfer agent) of our email server from sendmail to postfix. Before the upgrade, there is this special email account created for all the staffs' email - i.e. whenever any email is coming in, a copy goes to this email account and also whenever anyone is sending email out, a copy is automatically sent to it. So after the upgrade, this changed - instead of a copy dropping in this account, we have multiple copies dropping in the account especially when an email drops on any group email account, multiple copies equivalent to the number of users in the group get forwarded to this special email account instead of just a copy.

Can anyone please give me idea of how this can be sorted out?

Thanks in anticipation
    Last edited by lisati; November 28th, 2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Tidied up formatting

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Postfix Forwarding Issue

I've edited your post to tidy up the paragraph formatting. You only need to push Enter/Return at the end of a paragraph, not at the end of each line that you type. The forum software and the browsers used by people viewing your text will take care of formatting for you.

It has been a while since I've administered a Postfix system, but think that the always_bcc option might be worth checking out.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Thread moved to Server Platforms for a better fit

Beans

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Since you created another thread in the Fedora/RedHat and derivatives sub-forum because you are using Fedora this thread is closed!