Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iTunes Music

Beans

iTunes Music

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to get my music from my iPhone on to Ubuntu. I have some custom songs I uploaded from iTunes onto it from a Mac I used to have. I am planning on changing to android in the near future and would like to keep my music. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get from my iPhone X? I am unsure it they are in my cloud. So, I don't know if resorting to iTunes would help.

Thanks,

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: iTunes Music

As i understand you need Itunes to put stuff on. But cant pull stuff off it. Part of their anti piracy i guess. If you find a way I'll be interested. I gave up long time ago. Is one reason i no longer have apple devices.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Tadaen_Sylvermane View Post
    As i understand you need Itunes to put stuff on. But cant pull stuff off it. Part of their anti piracy i guess. If you find a way I'll be interested. I gave up long time ago. Is one reason i no longer have apple devices.
    Yes, I am my way out the iOS door myself. I am just waiting for the Galaxy S10 to come out (which I heard will support Ubuntu on the Dex dock). I just hope I don’t have problems with my text messages coming off the iMessages like I did last time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.10 Kinetic Kudu

There's no way to grab that music off of there. Only thing you can do is go back to the old mac and load all the music you had onto an external drive. I'm 23 and I've been carrying around my old iTunes library almost since middle school. I've probably got a few tracks from the old Limewire and Datpiff. I just add music to that folder as I go. Got it all hosted now off my server using Plex. I don't use iTunes anymore but I kept my music. That's all that matters to me. I used to love all my iDevices too. I had an iPod Nano 2nd gen then I got a 3rg gen and after that I got a 2nd gen iPod touch. All of them were great but I was always bothered because even though I had the great idea of backing up my music I knew from trial and error in the past that I had no way of unloading music off those devices. No matter how convenient it is carrying around all that music due to piracy prevention I couldn't use the devices that already contained all my music as a portable backup device. It's a good thing you're going to android. You won't have to worry about that anymore.

Beans

Thanks, I might need to install windows and download iTunes and download the music and up load to google drive and download it to my new android when I get it. That is the only thing that I can think of at this point.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

And this is why I have, in 36 years, never bought a single Apple product.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

I use GTKPod to connect my old IPod, it uploads and downloads OK, I don't know if this works for IPhones though.

Beans
    Distro

You know what you should check Rythmbox. I just remembered Rythmbox used to let me grab songs off my iPod back in Ubuntu 10.04. Shouldn't have changed since then.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Rhythmbox hasn't changed. It's the Apple stuff that has. Seems like everytime someone figured out how to work with an iDevice, Apple broke it. Over and over. They really don't want anyone getting past their walled garden.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah that makes sense. The new iDevices don't have a mandatory iPod app anymore. Now they use a Music app that can be deleted meaning it only uses the restricted access storage for applications. It's music storage isn't mounted for USB access.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast