Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange boot screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.10 Kinetic Kudu

Re: Strange boot screen.

I know I'm late but I read this whole thread. I'm also on a X131e but I got the one with an AMD processor that originally came with windows 8 (it's pretty obvious why I'm on Ubuntu now) the issue you seem to be having is because of low disk space as someone vaguely mentioned before. You're gonna have to source a bigger hard drive or a lighter OS. If you use Arch you can get the install size to be pretty dang small but that's an advanced OS. You can try doing some research to get the smallest Ubuntu or Debian based OS that way it's similar to what you already have. I haven't fiddled with Debian but I've heard once you get to the meat of it it can be just as powerful as Arch. Working with such a small amount of hard drive space is difficult to say the least.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.10 Kinetic Kudu

Quote Originally Posted by malikiag View Post
    I don't even get to login. I tried ctrl + alt + F1 on the screen but it does nothing. Help please! It seems the last bit of code is pretty consistent.
    [ Ok ] Reached target Sound Card.' for details.d...details. reporting is enabled. was shut down....

What does this mean?
    You can use ctrl+alt+[Any f key 1-12] try the other f keys because they each work almost as separate work spaces and sometimes GDM will grab the f1 space.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by malikiag View Post
    I've had it sit connected to power, but because I'm on a homestead, we use a generator to get power and because of how much gas is used we don't run it that often. Infrequent charges, it's no wonder it doesn't get a full charge.
    wow does that bring back some memories....I lived off the grid for 5 years in the 1980s & used generator power....I know the pain....

you may want to take a look at Lubuntu which I believe is the lightest of the *buntu distros if you really only have 15 GB of disk/SSD

I really would NOT recommend trying Arch linux until you have much more experience....it can be very daunting for the beginner as
    you start with just a basic terminal only system....up to you to build it into what you personally desire and add apps as you go....

tommy
    Last edited by NM5TF; November 19th, 2018 at 04:59 AM.
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

In light of this, I retract my recommendation of Kubuntu, because that recommends 25GB of hard disk space, too. Xubuntu and Lubuntu are your best bets.
    =========
    "You mean the world's going to end and you'd forgotten about it?"

Beans

I asked my dad about using kubuntu and he agreed, saying it will use less resources and be more helpful for my laptop.

Beans

Is there a way for me to fix it within 24 hours? I need it by Tommorow!

Beans

Nevermind. My dad has something figured out. Thx though,we'll download Lubuntu.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123