Thread: Context Menu Missing Parts

Beans

Question Context Menu Missing Parts

Hello

A few days ago I have upgraded my Linux Zorin to 18.04.1 TS and since then certain parts of context menus don't show up. For example, when I right click when in Firefox the options are still here and can be clicked on but the context menu is mostly blank. Or when I right-click when in Terminal the context menu is also mostly blank and again, the options can still be chosen. Or when I start Software Updater, parts of that window are missing. Also, an application DevedeNG (it only happens with this one) lacks parts, letters and icons. that should be displayed

Thank You

P.S. I have posted at Zorin Group forums but have been referred to here.
    Last edited by ivan23m; November 11th, 2018 at 09:20 PM.

Beans

Re: Context Menu Missing Parts

Thread moved to the "Ubuntu/Debian BASED" forum.

Beans

Hello

I have started this thread five days ago but still haven't got a response. Hope you can do that soon.

Thank You

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

It looks like the themes aren't working correctly, have you tested other themes ? Not sure why the release is listed as Ubuntu and not Zorin because most Ubuntu derivatives are rebranded. Were you promoted to upgrade via the update manager or did you use a different method?
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by ivan23m View Post
    P.S. I have posted at Zorin Group forums but have been referred to here.
    Do you mean here?

https://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14156

In that thread you refer to Zorin 18.04.1 and you have been told that there is no such version. Both here and there you refer to Zorin OS, but your third screenshot in that thread shows that you are running Ubuntu 18.04.1. You also state here:

Quote Originally Posted by ivan23m View Post
    I have upgraded my Linux Zorin to 18.04.1 TS
    So - what exactly are you running? What did you upgrade and to what, and how?
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Yes, I have made that post at zoringroup and it seems like I have misidentified my system. Two years ago I have installed Zorin Lite and since then have upgraded my distribution through Software Updater when prompted, I believe twice. I am running Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Bionic Beaver. I apologize for the mistake. And yes, I have tried using different themes in Firefox but the problem persists, context menu simply isn't visible. The options are still there, can be clicked on, you just have to guess what you're clicking on cause you can't see them. Same thing when I right-click in Terminal and also parts of Software Updater are not visible, like I mentioned before. 

Beans
    Distro

When you login what is the session name? On 18.04 you should have two sessions Ubuntu and Ubuntu on wayland.

Beans

To recap about the system I use, I installed Zorin Lite two years ago, used it since then and upgraded distribution a few times through Software Updater. When I check my distribution version by writing "lsb_release -a" it shows what it shows as you see on before mentioned screenshots. I tought I use Zorin Lite until few days ago when you pointed the inconsistencies between me saying I use Zorin and what the system shows. I have also provided you with a screenshot of my logout screen where it says "Zorin-OS-Lite 18.04".

You asked about my login. I don't login. When I start my computer it automatically takes my to my desktop. I think It would be best to show you videos of my system startup. I have turned my computer on few times and made these three videos. Since I made the latest system update (I mentioned that’s when all these problems started) the system usually starts as shown in video number 3.

And lastly, on that login screenshot it says "Zorin-OS-Lite 18.04 session" so perhaps that is the answer to the question about the session name.

P.S. Since my Zip files containing videos are over the size limit I am sending you Uploadfiles links. I hope that is ok.

1 https://uploadfiles.io/t6kmp

2 https://uploadfiles.io/jl0ws

3 https://uploadfiles.io/d372f
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

So you have some kind Zorin based hybrid and that's why the Zorin forums sent you here. At some point you must have done a manual upgrade and thus you were told that Zorin 18 hadn't been released yet. My suggestion is to backup your files and install either a supported version of Zorin or a Ubuntu flavor of your liking.

wrong forum please refer to https://ubuntuforums.org/
    Zorin lOS latest release is 12.4
    PS: Zorin 12.4 is based on Ubuntu 16.04
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; November 18th, 2018 at 03:02 AM.