Thread: problems with installing "pretty good solitaire"

Beans

problems with installing "pretty good solitaire"

Hello all, I am having no end of trouble trying to get Pretty good solitaire running with 'wine'. For the last 3 weeks I have tried almost everything, I have little knowledge of wine, only what I read when trying to find a solution to the problem.
    I have cleared every file in both wine and solitaire and reloaded as per the instructions, no good.!
    I know there is an ubuntu version of solitaire, but until I crashed the system and reloaded ubuntu (16.04.5) I cannot get this to work.
    Has anyone got some ideas please.? I love playing this game and have done so for a few years. Withdrawal symptoms...
    I have 64 bit ubuntu and the game is 32 bit. I have used the i386 program to make it compatible.

I await your answer with hope.

Regards,
    Rod.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: problems with installing "pretty good solitaire"

Moved to wine section.

Beans

Re: problems with installing "pretty good solitaire"

If you don't have your heart set on this specific program but just want a solitaire program that knows all your favourite games, you might give pysolfc a try. It knows about 1060 variants, ranging from the mundane to the positively exotic. The version in the repositories is quite old, but the project has been dormant for almost 8 years and has only started publishing new versions again in November 2017. You can install it with 'sudo apt install pysolfc' in a terminal.

Holger

Beans

problems with installing "pretty good solitaire"

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Moved to wine section.
    Thank you for that A.I.
    Rod.

Thank you for the advice Holger_Gehrke, I do have my heart set on pretty good solitaire, have been playing it for years.
    I will give your suggestion a try and see how it goes.
    Thank you again,
    Rod

Sorry Holger_Gehrke it didn't work here unfortunately...
    Rod
    Last edited by howefield; March 10th, 2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: posts merged.