Thread: Inkscape bugs, quirks, frustrations

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Inkscape bugs, quirks, frustrations

Following on from an old, closed thread, I have run into a frustration with Inkscape 0.9.2.

The Document Properties dialog is not resizeable, there are some options (borders and antialiasing) that are not visible, because they are below the bottom edge of the screen (resolution is 1366 × 768).

I eventually got to them, by going into Settings -> Displays and rotating my display 90°. But on this computer, rotating the display does not thange the axes of the trackpad, and so moving the cursor around to get to the checkoxes is a real pain...

Is there a way to
    • get this fixed in future versions of Inkscape?
    • stop developers from making dialogs that are not resizeable, or if they must be not resizeable at least give us scrollbars?
    • set parametres somewere else (config files or gnome settings, for example)?
    Ubuntu 19.04 and Debian 9.11

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Inkscape bugs, quirks, frustrations

No idea about changes from the inkscape devs, and this is not the place to ask for it either, but you can move the dialogue window for Doc Properties by holding left Alt and dragging the window with your cursor anywhere in it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    No idea about changes from the inkscape devs, and this is not the place to ask for it either, but you can move the dialogue window for Doc Properties by holding left Alt and dragging the window with your cursor anywhere in it.
    Left-alt does not drag the window around. I put the pointer on the dialogue "frame", click with MB3, a contextual menu appears, I select "move"... and the top edge of the dialog won't move higher than the top of the display.
    Ubuntu 19.04 and Debian 9.11

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

That is strange!

At this instant I have open inkscape 0.9 as I am now using my 16.04 install. not 18.04, but in that version the left Alt held down allows me to drag the file properties window wherever I wish; were you holding down the Alt key and putting the mouse cursor in the window as I suggested?

Which DE are you using; I have Xubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Thread moved to Multimedia Software.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

It's not exactly obvious, but the dialogues can be scrolled - but only when they are docked. To dock a dialogue, grab the area below the window-titlebar and pull it to the dock (on the left of the screen by default).

Holger