Thread: black context menus in flashback (compiz)

Beans

black context menus in flashback (compiz)

Hi,

I have the problem, that I get regulary black context menus on my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with gnome flashback (compiz). Then I have to open the context menu again several times until it's not black anymore but showing the actual menu. Same happens for dropdown-menus on websites. Also it happens to my chrome sometimes, that I can't use a newly opened window because I don't see anything. It's not really black but somehow broken (see my test with the developer tools)

Recently I got a new computer at work with a newser and fresh installed ubuntu. I activated gnome flashback there also and have the problem that chrome sometimes blacks out in the title bar (no tab, bookmarks and address bar visible). So I think the problem is somehow connected to the flashback feature.

Any ideas on that? It would be nice to have a working system

Thanks in advance.

Selection_999(169).pngSelection_999(168).jpg

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: black context menus in flashback (compiz)

Hello,

both computers are using the same version of ubuntu? It sounds like a graphics card problem, so it might be that you have not installed the proprietary drivers. Another idea would be to reset compiz options and check if you are getting the same result.

Since in both systems you have ubuntu flashback, it would be nice to check also another desktop environment (gnome classic for example) to see if you are getting the same results there. If affirmative, then it should be a graphics card problem.

Regards!

Beans

Re: black context menus in flashback (compiz)

No, the one computer is using 16.4 LTS and the other one 18.4 LTS.

I didn't install any drivers actively. I really think about a flashback problem, maybe I should test this with gnome classic or maybe also flashback-metacity instead of compiz.

thanks for your thoughts on that!