Thread: kubuntu stops downloading when I switch user

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

kubuntu stops downloading when I switch user

I have just install kubuntu 18.10 and I like to separate work stuff from others using different users. I have notice that when I'm downloading a torrent using ktorrent or downloading a file in firefox. If I switch to an other user the file or torrent stops downloading. But when I switch back it start up again. All previous version of kubuntu never did this. How do I get Kubuntu to keep downloading torrents or file after switching users?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: kubuntu stops downloading when I switch user

i'd like to know how also as i never thought was possible to begin with

i guess i could see the file continuing from where it left off at, if the server actually let's you do that, but always thought switching users would stop any download.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: kubuntu stops downloading when I switch user

I have a 18.04 kubuntu laptop and tried downloading then switched user and it did stop downloading. I have just upgrade the motherboard, cpu and nvme drive to my main system and decided to put the latest kubuntu 18.10. What I did was to start fresh and did not keep my home setting like I normally do when I installed the latest OS. So my question is what can I do to make it continue downloading after I switch away from that user like what my old system did?