Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with usb 2.0

Beans

Re: Problem with usb 2.0

Both are working after I restarted the system.
    You mean dual-boot on the same drive isn't a thing? Sorry if I sound too stupid. It's my first time dealing with this, I am trying o learn

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Yes, you can dual boot on the same device. You have to use the Windows partition tools to shrink the Windows partition to provide some empty space.

Then, when installing Ubuntu, select "Something else", which has replaced the "Install alongside Windows" option. That is why I asked what release of Ubuntu you are attempting to install. But I see now from your images that you are attempting to install a more recent release.

If you do dual boot on the same device, be very careful not to disturb the Windows partitions already on the device. Leave them entirely alone. Do NOT choose "Erase disk and Install Ubuntu". That will obliterate your Windows installation. Backing up your entire drive before you begin is advisable. Things can, and often do, go wrong.

Now here's a question: If you have not yet installed Ubuntu, how did you complete the IOMMU changes I suggested? Was that in a Live Session?
    Last edited by QIII; October 17th, 2018 at 06:37 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Ye I figured it myself, after some time I created an 30 GB partition for Ubuntu on my ssd and installed into it, now it's working fine. And yes it was a live section. Everything went smoothly besides an error I can not remember at installing GRUP2 or something like that ( can't really remember the name) Wich was solved by using legacy installation instead of UEFI
    Edit:
    Thanks for all the help. I will try to adapt to the new OS.
    Last edited by alvarojsr; October 18th, 2018 at 05:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12