Thread: Android ADB

Beans

Android ADB

I am wanting to install Android ADB on my laptop, but I don't know how to do that on Ubuntu 18.04. Anyone know how to? I tried to look it up online, but found nothing.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Android ADB

According to --this xda-devellopers.com link-- you should be able to install adb from the repositories with the apt command. The link also has instructions for use with linux towards the end of the article.

In the terminal first do a check for the package in 18.04 ...
    Code:
    apt-cache policy adb
    If there is an installation candidate available simply use the next command to install it ...
    Code:
    sudo apt install adb
    The adb package should be in the universe repository, if you cannot find it with the above apt-cache command ensure you have all the repositories enabled in "software sources".

--Here-- is another link to the xda-devellopers site and another, more infomative, tutorial for adb. The Linux section has some further instructions towards the end of the article.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

You should be able to install the ADB and fastboot binaries on Ubuntu using the apt command as explained in the last reply.

If it still does not work for you then you can try the following link:
    How to install ADB and Fastboot on Linux

The above link contains downloadable zip files that has some scripts which will install the ADB and Fastboot binaries on Ubuntu.
    Last edited by bijayalaxmi1808; October 28th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Since this thread is now attracting spammers (spam posts removed)...

Thread closed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.