Thread: It has been a really long time

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

It has been a really long time

A long, long time ago. I was fairly active in this forum. Man do I miss those days when Linux was this exotic beast I had to understand and tame. This place was bustling with activity and I had a lot of fun being helped and helping others as I learned. Seems like lately everything just works and I rarely have the need to pop into here, nor the time to troubleshoot other people's issues, particularly when many of them seem to be more complex and more difficult to replicate than issues I helped out with once.

I hope to start chiming in here and there, I miss this place. I miss contributing to the community. I've noticed a lot of community documentation is aging, maybe that's a good place to start some contributing.

Anyways, Hello once again Ubuntu Forums!
    "You can't expect to hold supreme executive power just because some watery tart lobbed a sword at you"

"Don't let your mind wander -- it's too little to be let out alone."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: It has been a really long time

Hello again and welcome back.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hardware has moved on and left me behind. I am still using a BIOS motherboard. And I have never used Windows higher than 98. At first I could offer assistance to those with UEFI motherboards and Windows 8 by directing the person to the community documentation. Now I feel that I do not have the personal experience to base any advice on.

Regards
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    Hardware has moved on and left me behind. I am still using a BIOS motherboard.

Regards
    Hey grahammechanical,

I'm also using a bios motherboard and as long as they will run Linux I'll continue to use them.
    Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu

I still find that activity in forums like General Help, New to Ubuntu, etc are still pretty high. The only place that lacks high activity is The Cafe and the reason for that IMHO is Facebook.
    Lubuntu 20.04