Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: make: *** [] Error 1 when compiling a program

Beans

make: *** [] Error 1 when compiling a program

Hello everyone.

I am trying to compile this program on Ubuntu 18.04.
    It's a program to visualize/analize haplotype networks.

It is called PopArt and the .bz2 can be downloaded here: http://popart.otago.ac.nz/downloads.shtml
    Instructions for compiling can be found here: https://github.com/jessicawleigh/pop...master/INSTALL

I downloaded the tarball, opened it, installed the suggested packages for debian/ubuntu and changed the paths on the popart.pro as suggested.

Once I run qmake && make, I get the following error message:

Makefile:736: recipe for target 'ColourDialog.o' failed
    make: *** [ColourDialog.o] Error 1

I am running the process like this:

:~/Downloads/popart-1.7/src$ qmake -makefile LPSOLVEDIR=/usr/bin/lp_solve MARBLEDIR=/usr/bin/marble popart.pro
    :~/Downloads/popart-1.7/src$ make

I've done some reading online and apparently might be something to do with CXX, CXXFLAGS or q++, but I couldn't find the fix.

Anyone have any ideal?

Cheers

JP

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: make: *** [] Error 1 when compiling a program

qmake? Are you sure that shouldn't be gmake? Same for q++, shouldn't that be g++?

Beans

@TheFu:
    Code:
    qmake - cross-platform makefile generator for Qt

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by steeldriver View Post
    @TheFu:
    Code:
    qmake - cross-platform makefile generator for Qt
    Ah. Thanks. gmake was already pretty cross-platform. We used it to compile on 12 different platforms, including Windows and MacOS, but that was long, long, ago.

So qmake is like autoconf? https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qmake-manual.html Yep. Seems so. autoconf is far from perfect. Very cool.

I looked at the error message a little closer. Are there any spaces in the directory or names for any files that need to be quoted?

Beans

You're not really providing a large enough portion of the error message for us to see

However, I suspect the issue is your LPSOLVEDIR and MARBLEDIR variables. Looking at the linked instructions:

However, if you've installed the lpsolve or Marble headers somewhere other than
    /usr/include/lpsolve and /usr/include/marble, you'll have to tell qmake where they are.
    You can do this by running the commands:

Code:
    qmake -makefile LPSOLVEDIR=/path/to/lpsolve/lpsolve MARBLEDIR=/path/to/marble popart.pro
    make
    If you installed libmarble-dev and liblpsolve55-dev using apt, then they WILL be in /usr/include/lpsolve and /usr/include/marble and so you DON'T need to add the LPSOLVEDIR and MARBLEDIR parts to your qmake command

Even if you DID need to add them, they would not be the /bin (binary program) directories, but the /include (header) directories that you would add

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by jpfontenelle View Post
    I am running the process like this:

:~/Downloads/popart-1.7/src$ qmake -makefile LPSOLVEDIR=/usr/bin/lp_solve MARBLEDIR=/usr/bin/marble popart.pro
    :~/Downloads/popart-1.7/src$ make

I've done some reading online and apparently might be something to do with CXX, CXXFLAGS or q++, but I couldn't find the fix.
    I did something similar after editing popart.pro as per the INSTALL instructions. The error I get with ColourDialog.o concerns constexpr. My initial guess was that the code is written to c++98 standard because the missing constexpr was new in c++11... so I added
    Code:
    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++98
    to popart.pro. This successfully compiles ColourDialog.o but then fails on HapnetWindow.o because of "nullptr" and "override" which are used and were new in c++11. So the question is, what C++ standard is this code written to? That should probably be a question for the author, although the same question applies to the dependencies. Alternatively, what is the highest Ubuntu version on which the project will build out of the box?

You can convert the constexpr message to an error by adding -fpermissive to QMAKE_CXXFLAGS. My best effort is with
    Code:
    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11 -fpermissive
    but it still chokes on HapnetWindow.o because /usr/include/marble/MarbleWidget.h declares 2 methods as override but they do not override anything.

At that point, I stop trying to guess.

Beans

I tried to add the LPSOLVEDIR and the MARBLEDIR part... when I added, I did a 'which lp_solve' and 'which marble' and got the /usr/bin/... ones. Maybe that was the problem? Will try.

Beans

For those who requested the full error:

Code:
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o AlignmentDelegate.o gui/AlignmentDelegate.cpp
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o AlignmentModel.o gui/AlignmentModel.cpp
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In constructor ‘AlignmentModel::AlignmentModel(std::vector<Sequence*>&, QObject*)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:30:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for (int i = 0; i < _nchar; i++)
                       ~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int AlignmentModel::rowCount(const QModelIndex&) const’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:35:49: warning: unused parameter ‘parent’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     int AlignmentModel::rowCount(const QModelIndex &parent) const
                                                     ^~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int AlignmentModel::columnCount(const QModelIndex&) const’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:40:52: warning: unused parameter ‘parent’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     int AlignmentModel::columnCount(const QModelIndex &parent) const
                                                        ^~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QVariant AlignmentModel::data(const QModelIndex&, int) const’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:47:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (index.row() >= _nseq)  return QVariant();
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:49:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (index.column() >= _nchar)  return QVariant();
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:56:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (index.column() >= _alignment.at(index.row())->length())
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:71:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (index.column() >= _mask.size())
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:77:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (index.row() >= _goodSeqs.size())
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QVariant AlignmentModel::headerData(int, Qt::Orientation, int) const’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:99:18: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if  (section > _nchar)  return QVariant();
              ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:105:17: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (section > _nseq)  return QVariant();
             ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AlignmentModel::removeRows(int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:162:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for (int i = 0; i < _nseq; i++)
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:163:33: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (_alignment[i]->length() > newnchar)
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:168:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (newnchar < _nchar)
           ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘int AlignmentModel::locateEndRev(int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:190:30: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if ((*dnaiter)->length() > dnaseqlen)  dnaseqlen = (*dnaiter)->length();
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AlignmentModel::removeColumns(int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:246:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for (unsigned i = 0; i < rowCount(); i++)
                            ~~^~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:248:14: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (last >= _alignment[i]->length())
             ~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:257:36: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             if ((dnacolumn + dnacount) > _dnaAlignment[i]->length())
                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:271:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             if (thisEnd > _dnaAlignment[i]->length())
                 ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:274:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             if (!(thisStart >= _dnaAlignment[i]->length()))
                   ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:206:27: warning: unused variable ‘thisCount’ [-Wunused-variable]
       int thisStart, thisEnd, thisCount;
                               ^~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::addSequence(int, QString&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:290:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (row > _nseq || row < 0)  return false;
           ~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::addSequence(int, Sequence*)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:300:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (row > _nseq || row < 0)  return false;
           ~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:314:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (row == _nseq)
           ~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AlignmentModel::insertColumns(int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:396:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AlignmentModel::insertColumns(int, QString&, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:437:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::regionContainsNonGaps(int, int, int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:456:14: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (bottom > _nseq || right >= _nchar)
           ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:456:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (bottom > _nseq || right >= _nchar)
                             ~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:463:36: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (_alignment.at(i)->length() <= right)
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::deleteRange(int, int, int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:479:14: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (bottom >= _nseq || right >= _nchar)  return false;
           ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:479:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (bottom >= _nseq || right >= _nchar)  return false;
                              ~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:493:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (left == 0 && right == (_nchar - 1))
                        ~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:496:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       else if (top == 0 && bottom == (_nseq - 1))
                            ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:503:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (_alignment.at(i)->length() <= right)
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:513:34: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
               if (dnaleft + dnacount > _dnaAlignment.at(i)->length())
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:526:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
               if (dnaright > _dnaAlignment.at(i)->length())
                   ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:529:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
               if (!(dnaleft >= _dnaAlignment.at(i)->length()))
                     ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:542:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:543:36: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (_alignment.at(i)->length() > newnchar)
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:547:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (newnchar < _nchar)
           ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::deleteCharacter(int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:567:11: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (col < _alignment.at(row)->length())
           ~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:581:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (dnacolumn < _dnaAlignment.at(row)->length())
               ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:588:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (dnacolumn <= _dnaAlignment.at(row)->length())
               ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:590:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           else if ((dnacolumn - 3) < _dnaAlignment.at(row)->length())
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:576:9: warning: unused variable ‘dnacount’ [-Wunused-variable]
         int dnacount = 3;
             ^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:599:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:600:36: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (_alignment.at(i)->length() > newnchar)
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:604:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (newnchar < _nchar)
           ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::insertCharacter(char, int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:630:7: warning: variable ‘dnacolumn’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
       int dnacolumn;
           ^~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:631:7: warning: unused variable ‘dnacount’ [-Wunused-variable]
       int dnacount = 3;
           ^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:644:8: warning: variable ‘colinserted’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
       bool colinserted = false;
            ^~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::insertCharacters(int, int, int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:688:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (topRow == 0 && bottomRow == (_nseq - 1))
                          ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:708:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (_alignment.at(i)->length() > maxSeqLen)
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:719:39: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (_inTranslation && dnacolumn < _dnaAlignment.at(i)->length())
                                 ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::insertCharacters(int, int, int, QString&, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:779:32: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (topRow == 0 && bottomRow == (_nseq - 1))
                          ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:787:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (_alignment.at(i)->length() > maxSeqLen)
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::fetchCharacters(int, int, int, AlignmentModel::Direction)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:829:30: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         colsremain = (currentcol < (_nchar - 2));
                       ~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:838:23: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if ((currentcol >= _alignment.at(i)->length()) ||
                ~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::moveCharacters(int, int, int, int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:899:17: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (right >= _alignment.at(i)->length())
               ~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:902:37: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             while (rightSubseq.length() < (right - left + 1))
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:913:30: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if ((lenSubseq + left) > _alignment.at(i)->length())
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:922:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (right + distance >= _alignment.at(i)->length())
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:925:37: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
             while (rightSubseq.length() < distance)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:936:30: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if ((lenSubseq + left) > _alignment.at(i)->length())
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:892:7: warning: unused variable ‘j’ [-Wunused-variable]
       int j;
           ^
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::pushCharacters(int, int, int, int, AlignmentModel::Direction)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:984:18: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (endcol >= (_alignment.at(i)->length() - 1))
               ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:996:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (endcol <= 0 || endcol >= (_nchar - 1))
                            ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentModel::maskRows(int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1032:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (top < 0 || bottom >= _nseq || top > bottom)
                      ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentModel::translateAgain(int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1133:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (newnchar < _nchar)
           ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1141:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       else if (newnchar > _nchar)
                ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentModel::maskTranslate(std::vector<bool>*, std::vector<bool>*, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1186:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (protMaskSize < proteinMask->size())
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1168:9: warning: unused variable ‘newnchar’ [-Wunused-variable]
         int newnchar = (dnaMask->size() - readingFrame  + 2) / 3 + 1;
             ^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1212:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (protMaskSize < proteinMask->size())
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1162:7: warning: unused variable ‘insertAt’ [-Wunused-variable]
       int insertAt;
           ^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘int AlignmentModel::translationHelper(std::vector<Sequence*>*, std::vector<Sequence*>*, int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1228:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1229:18: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (oldnchar < dnaAlignment->at(i)->length())
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1241:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                       ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentModel::toggleTranslation(int, int, bool)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1323:23: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                         ~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1325:41: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
           if (_dnaAlignment.at(i)->length() > newnchar)
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentModel::setAlignment(std::vector<Sequence*>&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1397:30: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if ((*seqiter)->length() > newnchar)  newnchar = (*seqiter)->length();
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1428:16: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       if (newnchar > _nchar)
           ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1433:17: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (newnseq > _nseq)
             ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1441:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         else if (newnseq < _nseq)
                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1455:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       else if (newnchar < _nchar)
                ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1459:17: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (newnseq > _nseq)
             ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1467:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1483:17: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         if (newnseq > _nseq)
             ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:1491:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                  ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AlignmentModel::removeColumns(int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:204:7: warning: ‘dnacolumn’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
       int dnacolumn;
           ^~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::insertCharacters(int, int, int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:720:40: warning: ‘dnacolumn’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
             _dnaAlignment.at(i)->insertGaps(dnacolumn, dnacount);
             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘bool AlignmentModel::deleteRange(int, int, int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:526:24: warning: ‘dnaright’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
               if (dnaright > _dnaAlignment.at(i)->length())
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:513:23: warning: ‘dnaleft’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
               if (dnaleft + dnacount > _dnaAlignment.at(i)->length())
                   ~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool AlignmentModel::insertColumns(int, int, const QModelIndex&)’:
    gui/AlignmentModel.cpp:392:17: warning: ‘dnacolumn’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
         maskiter += dnacolumn;
                     ^~~~~~~~~
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o AlignmentView.o gui/AlignmentView.cpp
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void AlignmentView::resizeColumnsToContents()’:
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp:69:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for (unsigned i = 0; i < model()->columnCount(); i++)
                            ~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void AlignmentView::resizeRowsToContents()’:
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp:82:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for (unsigned i = 0; i < model()->rowCount(); i++)
                            ~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentView::columnsAdded(const QModelIndex&, int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp:92:53: warning: unused parameter ‘parent’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     void AlignmentView::columnsAdded(const QModelIndex &parent, int start, int end)
                                                         ^~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp: In member function ‘void AlignmentView::rowsAdded(const QModelIndex&, int, int)’:
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp:97:50: warning: unused parameter ‘parent’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     void AlignmentView::rowsAdded(const QModelIndex &parent, int start, int end)
                                                      ^~~~~~
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void AlignmentView::mouseMoveEvent(QMouseEvent*)’:
    gui/AlignmentView.cpp:226:13: warning: variable ‘visRect’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
           QRect visRect = viewport()->contentsRect();
                 ^~~~~~~
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o Assistant.o gui/Assistant.cpp
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o BarchartItem.o gui/BarchartItem.cpp
    gui/BarchartItem.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void BarchartItem::paint(QPainter*, const QStyleOptionGraphicsItem*, QWidget*)’:
    gui/BarchartItem.cpp:65:28: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         for (unsigned i = 0; i < _traits.size(); i++)
                              ~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/BarchartItem.cpp:26:77: warning: unused parameter ‘option’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     chartItem::paint(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionGraphicsItem *option, QWidget *widget)
                                                                         ^~~~~~
    gui/BarchartItem.cpp:26:94: warning: unused parameter ‘widget’ [-Wunused-parameter]
     int(QPainter *painter, const QStyleOptionGraphicsItem *option, QWidget *widget)
                                                                             ^~~~~~
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o BorderRectItem.o gui/BorderRectItem.cpp
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o CitationDialog.o gui/CitationDialog.cpp
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp: In static member function ‘static QString CitationDialog::CitationRecord::formatAuthor(const QString&, CitationDialog::CitationRecord::CitationFormat)’:
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp:394:13: warning: this ‘else’ clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
                 else
                 ^~~~
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp:396:11: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the ‘else’
               initials = QString();
               ^~~~~~~~
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp: In member function ‘QString CitationDialog::CitationRecord::formatCitation(CitationDialog::CitationRecord::CitationFormat) const’:
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp:559:5: warning: this ‘if’ clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
         if (_issue >= 0)
         ^~
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp:562:4: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the ‘if’
        if (_startP >= 0)
        ^~
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp:591:5: warning: this ‘if’ clause does not guard... [-Wmisleading-indentation]
         if (_issue >= 0)
         ^~
    gui/CitationDialog.cpp:594:4: note: ...this statement, but the latter is misleadingly indented as if it were guarded by the ‘if’
        if (_startP >= 0)
        ^~
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o ColourDialog.o gui/ColourDialog.cpp
    In file included from gui/NetworkModel.h:20:0,
                     from gui/NetworkLayout.h:4,
                     from gui/NetworkView.h:11,
                     from gui/ColourDialog.cpp:4:
    gui/NetworkItem.h:21:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkItem::VERTWEIGHT’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double VERTWEIGHT = 1;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkItem.h:22:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkItem::VERTRAD’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double VERTRAD = 15;
                           ^~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkItem.h:23:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkItem::EDGELENGTH’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double EDGELENGTH = 50;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from gui/NetworkView.h:11:0,
                     from gui/ColourDialog.cpp:4:
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:26:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::GOODENOUGH’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double GOODENOUGH = 1E-4;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:150:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::VERYSMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double VERYSMALL = 1E-8;
                           ^~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:151:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::FAIRLYSMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double FAIRLYSMALL = 1E-6;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:152:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::SMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double SMALL = 1E-4;
                           ^~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:157:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::BARNESHUTTHETA’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double BARNESHUTTHETA = 0.7;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:158:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::RESTARTTHRESHOLD’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double RESTARTTHRESHOLD = 0.2;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:159:23: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::MAXCOS’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double MAXCOS = 0.5;
                           ^~~~~~
    Makefile:736: recipe for target 'ColourDialog.o' failed
    make: *** [ColourDialog.o] Error 1
    Last edited by lisati; October 16th, 2018 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added [code] and [/code] for readability

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by steeldriver View Post
    You're not really providing a large enough portion of the error message for us to see

However, I suspect the issue is your LPSOLVEDIR and MARBLEDIR variables. Looking at the linked instructions:

If you installed libmarble-dev and liblpsolve55-dev using apt, then they WILL be in /usr/include/lpsolve and /usr/include/marble and so you DON'T need to add the LPSOLVEDIR and MARBLEDIR parts to your qmake command

Even if you DID need to add them, they would not be the /bin (binary program) directories, but the /include (header) directories that you would add
    Tried with the /usr/include/ paths and still didn't work.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by spjackson View Post
    I did something similar after editing popart.pro as per the INSTALL instructions. The error I get with ColourDialog.o concerns constexpr. My initial guess was that the code is written to c++98 standard because the missing constexpr was new in c++11... so I added
    Code:
    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++98
    to popart.pro. This successfully compiles ColourDialog.o but then fails on HapnetWindow.o because of "nullptr" and "override" which are used and were new in c++11. So the question is, what C++ standard is this code written to? That should probably be a question for the author, although the same question applies to the dependencies. Alternatively, what is the highest Ubuntu version on which the project will build out of the box?

You can convert the constexpr message to an error by adding -fpermissive to QMAKE_CXXFLAGS. My best effort is with
    Code:
    QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -std=c++11 -fpermissive
    but it still chokes on HapnetWindow.o because /usr/include/marble/MarbleWidget.h declares 2 methods as override but they do not override anything.

At that point, I stop trying to guess.

After trying both these alternatives, this is the output/error I get:

Code:
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin/qmake LPSOLVEDIR=/usr/include/lpsolve MARBLEDIR=/usr/include/marble -o Makefile popart.pro
    g++ -c -m64 -pipe -std=c++11 -fpermissive -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DNET_QT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Inetworks -Iseqio -Ipopgen -Itree -Igui -I/usr/include/lpsolve -I/usr/include/marble -I. -o HapnetWindow.o gui/HapnetWindow.cpp
    In file included from gui/HapnetWindow.h:28:0,
                     from gui/HapnetWindow.cpp:52:
    seqio/GeoTrait.h:93:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double GeoTrait::SMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       const static double SMALL = 1E-6;
                           ^~~~~
    In file included from gui/HapLayer.h:9:0,
                     from gui/MapView.h:11,
                     from gui/HapnetWindow.h:29,
    /usr/include/marble/MarbleWidget.h:1138:10: error: ‘void Marble::MarbleWidget::connectNotify(const QMetaMethod&)’ marked ‘override’, but does not override
         void connectNotify(const QMetaMethod &signal) override;
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    /usr/include/marble/MarbleWidget.h:1139:10: error: ‘void Marble::MarbleWidget::disconnectNotify(const QMetaMethod&)’ marked ‘override’, but does not override
         void disconnectNotify(const QMetaMethod &signal) override;
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from gui/NetworkModel.h:20:0,
                     from gui/NetworkLayout.h:4,
                     from gui/NetworkView.h:11,
                     from gui/MapView.h:14,
    gui/NetworkItem.h:21:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkItem::VERTWEIGHT’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double VERTWEIGHT = 1;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkItem.h:22:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkItem::VERTRAD’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double VERTRAD = 15;
                           ^~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkItem.h:23:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkItem::EDGELENGTH’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double EDGELENGTH = 50;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from gui/NetworkView.h:11:0,
                     from gui/MapView.h:14,
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:26:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::GOODENOUGH’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double GOODENOUGH = 1E-4;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:150:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::VERYSMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double VERYSMALL = 1E-8;
                           ^~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:151:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::FAIRLYSMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double FAIRLYSMALL = 1E-6;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:152:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::SMALL’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double SMALL = 1E-4;
                           ^~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:157:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::BARNESHUTTHETA’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double BARNESHUTTHETA = 0.7;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:158:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::RESTARTTHRESHOLD’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double RESTARTTHRESHOLD = 0.2;
                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    gui/NetworkLayout.h:159:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double NetworkLayout::MAXCOS’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       static const double MAXCOS = 0.5;
                           ^~~~~~
    In file included from gui/HapnetWindow.h:32:0,
    popgen/Statistics.h:109:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double Statistics::EPS’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       const static double EPS = 3.0e-7;
                           ^~~
    popgen/Statistics.h:110:23: warning: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double Statistics::FPMIN’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]
       const static double FPMIN = 1.0e-30;
                           ^~~~~
    In file included from gui/HapnetWindow.cpp:57:0:
    gui/GroupItemDialog.h:157:15: warning: ‘template<class> class std::auto_ptr’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
       static std::auto_ptr<QIcon> _lockedIcon;// = 0;
                   ^~~~~~~~
    In file included from /usr/include/c++/7/bits/locale_conv.h:41:0,
                     from /usr/include/c++/7/locale:43,
                     from /usr/include/c++/7/iomanip:43,
                     from gui/HapnetWindow.cpp:44:
    /usr/include/c++/7/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here
       template<typename> class auto_ptr;
                                ^~~~~~~~
    Makefile:835: recipe for target 'HapnetWindow.o' failed
    make: *** [HapnetWindow.o] Error 1
    Last edited by slickymaster; October 17th, 2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: code tags

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast