Thread: different forum account after SSO login

Beans

different forum account after SSO login

I have found myself in a different user account after login with my Ubuntu One / SSO account.

Old user profile URL was https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=544897

I generally use account specific emails for everything I signup for online, so would prefer NOT to change my Ubuntu SSO email if that can be avoided. I also do not recall, offhand, which email address I used when setting up my ubuntu forums account initially...

Thanks,
    m@

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: different forum account after SSO login

Quote Originally Posted by coffeemonk2 View Post
    would prefer NOT to change my Ubuntu SSO email if that can be avoided. I also do not recall, offhand, which email address I used when setting up my ubuntu forums account initially...
    We can get round the first. The second is a bit more tricky. For obvious reasons, you need to be able to prove you are the owner of the old account, and this is usually done by quoting the email address registered to it. What I can tell you is that the emails for both this account and the coffeemonk account have the same domain. Please pm me so we can keep discussions about your email addresses confidential. Let me know if you can think of any complete email addresses that you think might have been used for the coffeemonk account. Also, I can see that you recorded your date of birth in your profile, and this is not visible to anyone except forum staff. If you quote that too, that will help.

If we can resolve this, I can easily adjust configurations so that the coffeemonk account is linked to your SSO account.

When you pm, please link back to this thread. It saves me searching around, particularly if I have forgotten this conversation between now and when you pm!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.