Thread: vBulletin theme is cluttered

Beans

vBulletin theme is cluttered

Because it is a feedback page, I thought I can leave it here.

* There are at three links to forum home page in header, basically one under another
    * The same with the search page - three links back to search page in the same place
    * Quick links -> Albums is dead

If there is a source code for the theme, I can try to make a patch to remove those ^^^.

* Search forum and search specific forum are separated, so the later is not discoverable
    * "Automatically parse links in text" at the bottom is an unnecessary clutter
    * "Attachments" and "Subscription" headers at the bottom are unnecessary, because one option only
    * Posting Permissions block is excessive - takes screen space for no useful info

And the most important.

* Front page doesn't contain direct link to Ubuntu Official Flavours

The last one means there is no Ubuntu Studio forum, so no users of Ubuntu Studio here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: vBulletin theme is cluttered

Hello!

Could you provide explanatory screenshots for each of your points? While we have some control over the appearance of the Ubuntu Forums, nobody here works for Canonical (that includes the Forums Staff, who, like you, are volunteer end users) so there are many things we do not control.

Ubuntu Studio is an official flavor of Ubuntu. That being the case, there is no need for a specific sub-forum. Threads can be flagged with a tag indicating the particular flavor being used. Questions about Ubuntu Studio may be asked in any appropriate sub-forum. I assure you there are Ubuntu Studio users here.

Cheers!
    Last edited by QIII; September 28th, 2018 at 04:33 PM.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.