Thread: Duplex printing greyed out in ubuntu 18.04 using hp printer Laserjet Pro 1102w

Beans

Duplex printing greyed out in ubuntu 18.04 using hp printer Laserjet Pro 1102w

Hello guys, I am new to ubuntu and currently using 18.04. Previously I used Windows 10 Pro. I have this Hp printer Hp Laserjet Pro 1102w, I used to do double sided printing with this same printer in Windows but now as I have migrated to ubuntu, the Two-Sided option is greyed out in Print Dialogue box. I have tried many solutions including downloading the latest HPLIP, but nothing works. Also in printer options the Duplex printing option is greyed out. i am very frustated at the moment not being able to print double sided papers. Please help. I am using 3.18.7 version of HPLIP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Duplex printing greyed out in ubuntu 18.04 using hp printer Laserjet Pro 1102w

Try using the CUPS interface to configure the printer options.
    To do this, open a web browser and enter http://localhost:631
    Log in with your username and password, and hopefully you will be able to add the duplex option.
    The sig between the asterisks is SO COOL that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!