Thread: Any Linux installer keeps freezing , I’m unable to install linux.

Beans

Any Linux installer keeps freezing , I’m unable to install linux.

It’s a bit if a long story but I will do my best as a beginner to explain everything.I had Ubuntu 17 and deceided to upgrade it to 18 via the command line command, after the update there was a weird bug which I couldn’t fix despite lookin for days on the internet. This weird bug , was that after pressing enter on the login screen , ubuntu 18.04 would freeze completely .So I tried reinstalling it , which failed , since it kept freezing at different times (booting from liveUSB) .I restarted so many times (in hope of the installer to work) that the previous os got corrupted. That’s when I deceided to switch to a different linux distribution : linux mint. The same thing happened , except now I got a different message : “low disk space 0bytes remaining”.(note : I don’t have an OS so I fully boot from live USB). So I installed windows , to delete partitions , but it was weird , since I have an SSD of 256GB and only 238GB of maximum capacity was shown.Anyway after this , I tried linux installation 2 times, without and with liveUSB , but it failed with the same “no space” remaining message . Now I don’t have and OS , and booting from liveUSB (currently containing mint).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Any Linux installer keeps freezing , I’m unable to install linux.

From your live Mint USB run command
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    and report back here the output.

Please use Code-Tags for terminal output. See my signature below for a How-to

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Any Linux installer keeps freezing , I’m unable to install linux.

Have you tried just deleting, and reformatting your SSD? Maybe there's something wrong with the SSD, like it bit be formatted in a way the OS cannot read it.