Thread: AnyDesk and login screen issues

Beans

AnyDesk and login screen issues

Hi all,

I've installed AnyDesk 4.0.0 on Ubuntu MATE 18.04, which is fully updated.

If my Ubuntu machine is logged into the desktop, unattended access works absolutely fine. However, if I try unattended access with the Ubuntu machine at the login screen, I can connect and the mouse works fine, but keyboard access only works in the chat window. This makes it impossible to login, as I can't enter my password in the password box by my login name.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: AnyDesk and login screen issues

Hi Neil,

I am having the same problem. Did you manage to sort this out?

Beans

Re: AnyDesk and login screen issues

Hi Javier,

The only way I got around it was to configure MATE to automatically log me in. The problem still occurs using version 5 of AnyDesk on Ubuntu MATE 18.04. I had hoped they'd have fixed the issue by now. I'll try logging an issue with them.

Beans

Cool Re: AnyDesk and login screen issues

Same here...the workaround I found was to use the clipboard: I use KeepassXC, and copy the pw from the entry I made (saves to clipboard). Or you can use a text editor (pluma, gedit, etc)...the downside being the remote pw is exposed on your host pc. I like the KeepassXC method because it does not require the remote pc's pw to be exposed.
    There is a slight reconnect after the login button is pressed, but it comes back quickly, logged-in, and works as expected.

Hope that helps!