Thread: Ubuntu 16.04 Change Default Profile or Edit Unity Profile in CCSM?

Beans

Ubuntu 16.04 Change Default Profile or Edit Unity Profile in CCSM?

I am stuck in a situation where I need to change some of the default CCSM settings. When I make the changes in CCSM and save the profile it always defaults back to the unity profile. I need to somehow make my new profile the default or change and save settings in the the unity profile In CCSM. I have tried removing the unity profile and it always comes back as the default. I have tried exporting and importing the profile I want to use but unity always comes back as the default. Is it possible to either save my new profile in CCSM and replace the unity profile or at least make changes to the unity profile and and keep those changes in place?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by nettinyahoo; September 17th, 2018 at 04:14 PM.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 16.04 Change Default Profile or Edit Unity Profile in CCSM?

There is no need to mess with profiles. By default you should be using the unity profile, just make changes in ccsm, then close ccsm. Those changes should be persistent to you.

Beans

Thanks for the response, but that is the issue that I'm attempting to resolve. The changes I make in ccsm are not persistent upon reboot. They are being overwritten. Is there any way to just remove or disable the Unity plugin in Compiz or at least manually edit the Unity profile in a manner that the edits won't be over written?

Beans

Don't know, wouldn't try to run compiz in lubuntu myself. Just remove unity package(s)..